justin timberlake

12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
edited September 2007 in Other Music
OKOKOK before i hear all the shit about how crappy he is let me first start out by saying i don't care for his music either. but last night i actually (can't believe it) grew an appreciation for his music. on IO last night they aired a concert of his at MSG and i was very surprised when i watched it. when i think of "pop" concerts i think of a shitload of danicng, sound effects and maybe some lip syncing (apparently thats the new thing) this justin timberlake concert was actually pretty good. his songs live are SOOO much better then studio, which makes his shitty ass songs sound alright. he had his own band of like 3 guitarists, a bass guitarist, a really sick drummer, percussionist and like 2 keyboardists, not to mention alot of back up singers and special effects. this fuckin concert had some pretty sick guitar solos and some of the times they were just rockin out. and i was also surprised to see him play the piano, keyboard, keytar(WOW!), and guitar. and i will admit his voice is pretty good, since i don't care for his actual voice. i'm not gonna lie if my freinds wanted to go, i think i would to (plus i heard theres alot of hot girls there haha)
5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
8/7/08, 6/9/09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    was that his hbo special? i've heard it was pretty spectacular. CW is rapidly pointing to him being a legit superstar. im not wild about him, but he doesn't annoy me nearly as much as most pop stars. the kid's got his head on straight and genuinely seems to love performing.
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of that type of music but he's an amazing entertainer. Got some fuckin catchy tunes.
  • Let me get this straight...

You hate the White Stripes enought to rub their tour cancellation in all of our faces, but then post about Justin Timberlake?

Sure the guys creative and all, but his music sucks, and it always has!

Oh, and they're called paragraphs, they make posts a lot easier to read.
    Obama/Biden '08!!!
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    pretty much the best you're ever going to get from mainstream pop music. I mean that. Sure, he's no Prince but he's the best thing in pop at the moment.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    OKOKOK before i hear all the shit about how crappy he is let me first start out by saying i don't care for his music either. but last night i actually (can't believe it) grew an appreciation for his music. on IO last night they aired a concert of his at MSG and i was very surprised when i watched it. when i think of "pop" concerts i think of a shitload of danicng, sound effects and maybe some lip syncing (apparently thats the new thing) this justin timberlake concert was actually pretty good. his songs live are SOOO much better then studio, which makes his shitty ass songs sound alright. he had his own band of like 3 guitarists, a bass guitarist, a really sick drummer, percussionist and like 2 keyboardists, not to mention alot of back up singers and special effects. this fuckin concert had some pretty sick guitar solos and some of the times they were just rockin out. and i was also surprised to see him play the piano, keyboard, keytar(WOW!), and guitar. and i will admit his voice is pretty good, since i don't care for his actual voice. i'm not gonna lie if my freinds wanted to go, i think i would to (plus i heard theres alot of hot girls there haha)

I saw some of it last night and it wasn't to bad. The guitar solos were eye catching, stage and effects were top notch. However, I wouldn't have paid to go see him though. It's more the teeny bopper crowd but I'd watch it if it was on.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    we don't have to buy his records, but.......NEWSFLASH.......he's really talented. and just won an emmy for his snl joke, dick in a box.......youtube, if you've never seen it.......
  • vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,091
    I like JT...and I'm not ashamed to admit it. That boy has got it goin' on.
    We’ll meet again, but not yet…not yet. 
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    JT is cool just because of his "dick in a box" self-parody on snl alone. "You put your stuff in a box". Just fuckin' hilarious!
  • oh man this is earth shattering stuff. do i dare take a gander?
  • Let me get this straight...

You hate the White Stripes enought to rub their tour cancellation in all of our faces, but then post about Justin Timberlake?

Sure the guys creative and all, but his music sucks, and it always has!

Oh, and they're called paragraphs, they make posts a lot easier to read.

yeamaybebecausejustinactuallyhassometalentunlikestupidmegwhite.ohandsinceyourabitchaboutparagraphsifigurediwontevenusespaces.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • G-Man23 wrote:
    JT is cool just because of his "dick in a box" self-parody on snl alone. "You put your stuff in a box". Just fuckin' hilarious!
    yeah... if it weren't for that parody i probably would've never had any least amount of respect for him. but after that.... he's an alright guy.
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • OKOKOK before i hear all the shit about how crappy he is let me first start out by saying i don't care for his music either. but last night i actually (can't believe it) grew an appreciation for his music. on IO last night they aired a concert of his at MSG and i was very surprised when i watched it. when i think of "pop" concerts i think of a shitload of danicng, sound effects and maybe some lip syncing (apparently thats the new thing) this justin timberlake concert was actually pretty good. his songs live are SOOO much better then studio, which makes his shitty ass songs sound alright. he had his own band of like 3 guitarists, a bass guitarist, a really sick drummer, percussionist and like 2 keyboardists, not to mention alot of back up singers and special effects. this fuckin concert had some pretty sick guitar solos and some of the times they were just rockin out. and i was also surprised to see him play the piano, keyboard, keytar(WOW!), and guitar. and i will admit his voice is pretty good, since i don't care for his actual voice. i'm not gonna lie if my freinds wanted to go, i think i would to (plus i heard theres alot of hot girls there haha)

same guy who tried to convince us hanson was amazing live???? JK

timberlake is great. true talent...i dont mind him at all, i dont own a records of his, but i know hes talent and will be around forever.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • same guy who tried to convince us hanson was amazing live???? JK

timberlake is great. true talent...i dont mind him at all, i dont own a records of his, but i know hes talent and will be around forever.
    well, i'm not giving him that much credit.

his music still sucks :p
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • So what? if he has a good backing band? He has the money to choose any musician or get someone else to choose good musicians for him if he wants!

I think the Spice Girls - probably even Madonna did the same thing.

I don't like him but he seems to be a better actor than I would initially give him credit for.