is anyone going to bonnaroo for BESIDES pearl jam?

12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
edited February 2008 in Other Music
We know that we're going for PJ, but who else is everyone interested to see? i mean honestly, to spend lets sayy $300 on only pearl jam when there are 70+ bands is just crazy. Personally i'm interested in:

allman bros
phil lesh and freinds (im just slowly getting into GD)
umphreys mcgee
dark star orchestra (saw them 3 times, great GD cover band)
my morning jacket
metallica (slightly)
robert plant

all of those bands except dark star i dont even really know, im just very interested in hearing it.
5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
8/7/08, 6/9/09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• make sure you go and see Sigur Ros. I was interested when i heard that pj was playing and pretty sure i was going. Then i found out Sigur Ros is playing and there is no way i'm missing that. Like i've said on this site, Sigur Ros and Pearl Jam at the same concert is a dream come true for me.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    09/19/05, 05/09/06, 05/10/06
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    There are a lot of bands that will be there that i like. I would be most interested in checking out
    pearl jam
    my morning jacket
    sigur ros
    mastodon
    metallica
    sword

There are quite afew others i would want to see but i guess those are the big attractions for me

I've actually talked myself out of it because many of the bands i want to see are probalby going to be touring this year and i could probalby catch almost all of thime on their own club tours for slightly more then going to the roo.

I'm just not a fan of the camping out deal and i like to see bands in a small setting... well that and i can't get any of my buddies interested in going.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • I've been wanting to go for the past three years. There are easily 15 bands I can think of that I would like to see in addition to Pearl Jam. I'm psyched about discovering some new stuff too that I normally would never consider.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • How about the band that mgith have PJ beat in best live performance, My Morning Jacket?

Thats who im wanting to see
  • Pearl Jam in a general admission show
    Robert Plant & Allison Krauss
    Phil Lesh & Friends
    Allman Brothers Band
    The Raconteurs
    Willie Nelson
    BB King
    Sigur Ros
    Levon Helm
    Iron & Wine
    Talib Kwelli
    Derek Trucks
    Gogol Bordello
    Robert Randolph's Revival
    Solomon Burke
    Dark Star Orchestra
    Minus the Bear
    Vampire Weekend
    David Cross
    Zach Galifiniakis
    Brian Posehn

That's more than enough reasons for me to take a trip down to Bonnaroo. I can't wait until June!
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • The Raconteurs
    Sigur Ros
    My Morning Jacket
    allman bros
  • Ummmm......

Jack Johnson. Saw him a few years ago and it was amazing. Pretty excited about that. Wondering if he'll be joining PJ for a song or two?

Robert Plant. Wondering the same thing.

Allman Brothers.

My Morning Jacket.

Ben Folds.

Metallica.

The list goes on and on....
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• I'm going there mainly because of Sigur Ros... Pearl Jam is just an added bonus :)
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • BrezBrez Posts: 570
    If school wasn't a factor I WOULD be going to see:

Allman Bros
    My Morning Jacket
    Umphrey's Mcgee
    Derek Trucks
    Against Me!
    Metallica
    Raconteurs (sp?)

And then bands that I would check out because my friends really like them

Jack Johnson
    O.A.R
    State Radio

If only....
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I would go for the Drive-by Truckers before I would go for Pearl Jam. :D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I've been wanting to go for the past three years. There are easily 15 bands I can think of that I would like to see in addition to Pearl Jam. I'm psyched about discovering some new stuff too that I normally would never consider.

exactly man. im really excited to hear some bands i wouldnt normally listen to. im hoping this festival expands my taste in music. and i forgot about sigur ros, im interested in seeing them, along with oar.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • tybird wrote:
    I would go for the Drive-by Truckers before I would go for Pearl Jam. :D
    you hitting up any shows on the tour upcoming tour? my first Rock show is in Omaha in the 25th and im fucking PUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!