Anyone heard this band?

LivLiv Posts: 11
edited April 2008 in Other Music
Days of the New is the name, really great post-grunge music. Most famous for the songs "The Down Town" and "Touch, Peel and Stand", if that rings any bells....

If you haven't heard them/him, I really recommend it, very beautiful music.
Here's the myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/daysofthenew

Peace
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PJ-SinPJ-Sin Posts: 348
    Those guys are still around??
    Its been ages since Ive heard anything about them. Do they still sound like an acoustic Alice In Chains cover band?
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,141
    I thought they split up and half of them went on to form Tantric???
  • LivLiv Posts: 11
    Yeah, they, or, he's still going strong, or something. Playing at small clubs and stuff, I think he's trying to come back after getting clean, I don't think it's going to be the same thing, but we'll see...

Yeah, he/they sound at bit like Alice in Chains, and for me, and loads of other people, that may be a bit disturbing, but I like the music anyway, it's really good. Not as good as AiC, but still good.
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    yeah the dude fired his whole band, they formed Tantric and he has done nothing. However, the 2nd S/T album is pretty decent, but you have to listen to it straight through
  • i thought the lead singer pulled a Axl Rose and fired the band and kept the name. a couple of times
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,141
    thunderDAN wrote:
    yeah the dude fired his whole band, they formed Tantric and he has done nothing.
    OK, that explains it...or part of it.

I assume it was the singer that fired the rest of the band? After he fired them did he get more musicians or was it like a solo thing still using the Days of the New name?
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    That idiot was touring with the remaining members of the Doors for awhile. I hate all these grunge rip-off bands like STP, Creed, Days of the New. All of them suck!
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Days of the New's first 2 albums were good.Actually the second one was really good..Travis Meeks the lead singer just turned in to a total Dickwad and fired the whole band who went on to form Tantric which happens to be a pretty good band.. There new Album came out Apr. 22 and is their third..

Rumour has it the Travis was in the running for the now defunct VR but when Scott was available the took him...Hey Travis looks like there's an opening...Now your competition is Sebastian Bach and who knows maybe even Chris Cornell....
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • PJ-Sin wrote:
    Those guys are still around??
    Its been ages since Ive heard anything about them. Do they still sound like an acoustic Alice In Chains cover band?

Exactly, AIC cover band. They are in competion with Godsmack as the most obvious AIC clone. That being said, I have the 1st cd and I like some of it.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    smithnic wrote:
    That idiot was touring with the remaining members of the Doors for awhile. I hate all these grunge rip-off bands like STP, Creed, Days of the New. All of them suck!
    Stone Temple Pilots actually formed before grunge went into the mainstream.
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Murderers wrote:

Yeah, I can't hate on STP. Sometimes their 1st two cds sound generic, blaa to me, but I don't think they're ripping off the grunge bands. The 3rd album is an all time album for me.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • i liked the one Days of the New album i had, cant remember which one it was.
  • i thought the band got better after he got rid of them, his 2cnd and third album were rteqally good, differant though, I also like the first album.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Murderers wrote:
    aye but they sure cashed in when the other bands started releasing stuff that was selling millions by imitating their sound. They found their own sound after the first couple of releases though I suppose.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    aye but they sure cashed in when the other bands started releasing stuff that was selling millions by imitating their sound. They found their own sound after the first couple of releases though I suppose.

it seems to me their first album is the only one that sounds different

probably due to the producer

much like pearl jam's first album.

Odd how that happens huh?
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB