the black keys

HatredThrownDownHatredThrownDown Posts: 292
edited April 2008 in Other Music
who's got the new single? share with us all!
Fav. Bands
My Morning Jacket
Pearl Jam
Neil Young
Wilco
Tool
Rush
Drive By Truckers

pj shows
8/17/98
8/15/00
8/18/00
8/20/00
6/22/03
10/2/04
8/5/07
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Think they stuck to the same formula with the new songs?
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    You can listen to the new single, Strange Times, here:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=3451033&MyToken=b7e2b787-7098-45a5-b953-bcf6d97d0b72

I don't know if I like it a whole lot. It sounds like they're going in a different direction. Not necessarily a bad thing. It almost reminds me of a QOTSA vibe. Thoughts?
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

I can't wait for the new album.
    NERDS!
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    adam42381 wrote:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=3451033&MyToken=b7e2b787-7098-45a5-b953-bcf6d97d0b72

I don't know if I like it a whole lot. It sounds like they're going in a different direction. Not necessarily a bad thing. It almost reminds me of a QOTSA vibe. Thoughts?

as for the single, its on Itunes, spend a buck and get it
  • adam42381 wrote:

Definitely agree on the QOTSA sound. Something about the guitar and tempo reminds me a lot of them. Way different than anything I've heard by the Keys before. I like it though. Really pumped for the new album after hearing this song.
    Obama/Biden '08!!!
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    i read somehwere that their new album was produced by the guy from Gnarls Barkley
  • thunderDAN wrote:
    i read somehwere that their new album was produced by the guy from Gnarls Barkley

Yup. Dangermouse did the production.
    NERDS!
  • sounds good
  • Love the new single. Danger Mouse adds a great dynamic, but I wonder how (if) they will incorporate that into their live shows.

The youtube video on their myspace page showed horns and brass recording in the studio. I think live horns would be a dope addition to their show.
  • great i think i'm hooked on the black keys after that letterman thread.

black crowes rip-off? what do you think?
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• black crowes rip-off? what do you think?

no, I think the keys are way better. the new single is very rockin', I am definately looking forward to getting the album and am also strongly considering seeing them in Omaha this April.
  • ^

:):):)

have a good time.

• mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    They are playing in my area soon so i think i need to get tickets me thinks. Potion was a great album, anyone recommend another good one?
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    mole1985 wrote:
    They are playing in my area soon so i think i need to get tickets me thinks. Potion was a great album, anyone recommend another good one?
    Rubber Factory and Thickfreakness are very good. My favorite is probably The Big Come Up. Hell, they're all good so you can't really go wrong.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Got my hands on the new one. I'm loving it.
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    what's the best BK album?

• listening to the new one right now. it's great. duh.

i'm pretty much drinking the kool-aid with these guys right now, they can't do wrong in my book.

the album doesn't rock as hard as their other records and that's fine by me... lots of atmospheric tracks and swanky romantic sex tunes. dangermouse's presence is not what you would expect... there aren't any hip hop beats or anything... it's without a doubt a black keys record with a ton of experimentation... he brought a fresh perspective more than anything. the album sounds great all the way through, too, so the guy knows how to record an organic rock band.

"same old thing" is the best track they ever wrote. check out that flute! nice.
  • ive been loving it for a week or two now.
  • The new video in the laser tag arena is hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing at the kid that was like, " I THINK THEY'RE USING REAL LASERS!"
    hey

was 'When The Lights Go Out' on a tv show or movie?

black snake moan?

i know i've heard somewhere before.

• hey

was 'When The Lights Go Out' on a tv show or movie?

black snake moan?

i know i've heard somewhere before.

I believe it was in Black Snake Moan.
    NERDS!
  • thunderDAN wrote:

Not only that but the album was supposed to be recorded by ike turner. when he died the black keys recorded it.
    I believe it was in Black Snake Moan.

i knew it! :D

• Holy crap, I picked up Attack and Release the other day....can't believe I've missed out on these guys for so long. I Got Mine and Same Old Thing are two bad ass tracks, but the whole damn thing is good..they've definitely found a new fan....time to locate the back catalogue now
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all