Rolling Stone: 100 Greatest Guitar Songs Of All Time?

g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
edited June 2008 in Other Music
[size=+2]Rolling Stone Magazine's.....100 Greatest Guitar Songs of All Time[/size]

Tell me what you'll think of this list?

Several days after he died no Bo Diddley, No Joe Satriani and so on. What is this a popularity contest?

Peace
*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
.....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    after the 100 greatest guitarists edition, they lost my respect. Kurt Cobain ahead of David Gilmour? come on. I won't even take the time to click that link you posted. it'll just annoy me
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    sleater kinney + MMJ but no pj?

this is fucked up as usual...
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Just spotted Pearl Jam *Even Flow* @ #77. Huh?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    People still care about what RS has to say?
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    People still care about what RS has to say?

I think some of their interviews and reviews can be decent, but their 'greatest' lists are always a steaming heap of turd.