Options

Your Favorite Band You've Never Seen LIVE?

Comments

• Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Well since JUK's been raving on the last few weeks :rolleyes: , I have to say I've got a real hankering to see Planty. :)

Oh and I'd love to see Pink Floyd

Oooh! And Heart! Or The Lovemongers! Don't care which! Just would love to see those Wilson girls. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    adam42381 wrote:
    Pearl Jam :(

Way to be upfront and honest

The Smashing Pumpkins....I just discovered them this year and I like their new album, one by one I'm going back through their catalog.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    before Pearl Jam, Led Zep was my favorite. So i would have to say Led Zep!

PEACE

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Sigor Ros
    Radiohead
    Tom Waits
    Iron & Wine
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    white stripes
    Tragically hip
    radiohead
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Silverchair
    Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
    Sigur Ros
    The Police
    Ryan Adams
    Oasis
  • Options
    Mark Lanegan (solo or with Soulsavers)
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    Novawind wrote:
    Although I've technically seen the Foo Fighters at last year's Bridge Show, they only played 5 songs and it was acoustic. So I'm still waiting to "see" the Foos.

I also need to see the Chili Peppers at some point.
    Funny thing, I saw the foos with the peppers... Foos ruled the night as openers.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    geishagrrlgeishagrrl Posts: 130
    chris01 wrote:
    Guns 'n Roses, the real band i mean.... im not paying to see Axl and his band.
    I saw GnR twice when Slash and company were around. They sucked both times. It doesn't matter who the back up band is, Axl just ruins it no matter what.

My list:
    Radiohead (I had tickets to see them but it got flooded out)
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Dead Kennedys
    Joy Division
    The Dead Milkmen
  • Options
    chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    g under p wrote:
    The Smashing Pumpkins....I just discovered them this year and I like their new album, one by one I'm going back through their catalog.

Peace

Jump back to Siamese Dream (their best IMO) and then go forward, you wont be disappointed. :)
  • Options
    chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    geishagrrl wrote:
    I saw GnR twice when Slash and company were around. They sucked both times. It doesn't matter who the back up band is, Axl just ruins it no matter what.

Yeah i know, thats the one thing that would stop me from seeing them. You never know when he's going to throw a hissy fit and walk off stage.

He stops in the middle of songs to say something to the crowd then starts the music up again.... kinda kills it.
  • Options
    larslars Posts: 524
    Paw
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    chris01 wrote:
    Jump back to Siamese Dream (their best IMO) and then go forward, you wont be disappointed. :)

Actually that's the first one I bought after Zeigeist and it works. Thanks, I wasn't really sure where to start.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    James
    The Mavericks
    Counting Crows
    Dave Matthews Band
    Pulp
    Andres Calamaro (from Argentina)
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • Options
    DeniDeni Posts: 233
    My favorite bands I've never seen live are...

A Perfect Circle and Godsmack
    "Ideas are bulletproof." --V

Peace and Love
    Deni
    :)
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    At the Drive In
  • Options
    E.BloomE.Bloom Posts: 188
    That`s easy. Springsteen with the E-street band. Bruce is my #1 artist besides PJ, but I`ve never seen him with E-street. Hopefully that`s going to change this year..
    Also Ryan Adams is one I`ve never seen live, but I`m going to see him 11/19.

And of course, Frank Sinatra. But there`s not much I can do about that:)
    we were but stones,your light made us stars

Dublin 06
    London 07
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    stu gee wrote:
    Pearl Jam

Doubt ill see them unless i go abroad now to be honest. Bit dissapointed when i read they were playing something like 5 shows in Italy, and none here. One in London and one in Ireland were the closest they got and ive been far too busy with uni to save enough to go to either. Playing glasgow twice since they started out is a bit of a let down to be honest!!

I totally agree.A 16 year career and playing Scotland twice in that time is crap.I did see them the twice (sorry :/) but had to travel to London three more times to see them.Scotland is forgotten far to much on uk legs of tours.I know we're a wee country but we have some of the best live ableit small venues in the world,but thats the problem,with P.J's status they would need Hampden or Murrayfield now,so why are their tour team not looking into it and booking them to play here?When they palyed the SECC in 2000 it was hellish the stress of waiting to see if you would be able to get a ticket and there were still unlucky thousands outside hoping for one last attempt to get a ticket 30 mins before they took the stage.Its shit.GET IT SORTED P.J.

Not my favourite but I never saw Nirvana.I sold my ticket for their gig at the Calton Studios,Edinburgh in 2001/2,I had to work that night,but my mate went and said they were crap anyway :0 apparently they played for 40 minutes before Kurt threw a strop.Then I had a ticket for the In Utero tour,but it got "postponed" after the Rome suicide attempt,another date got set but that got cancelled because the second suicide attempt worked.

If timetravel was an option I never saw Jimi Hendrix live.That would have been unbelievable if I had seen him.A mate of my brothers saw him at the Isle of Wight festival though,or so he claims ;0
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse
    Rage Against The Machine
    I don't want to be the fool that's behind me but I am...

I'll Hold The Pain... Release...

Yourself
  • Options
    Led Zeppelin
    Ben Harper
    MOE
    Percy Hill
    Sublime - but I did see Long Beach Dub Allstars - close, but not quite enough!
    Grateful Dead
    BB King
    Citizen Cope
    Bruce Springsteen

and plenty more I'm sure..
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    smashing pumpkins
    tool
    dream theater
    audioslave

other than that ive seen all my favorite bands.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    Van Halen with DLR
    and
    AC/DC
  • Options
    REM

...and I certainly have had my chances
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • Options
    funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    stargirl69 wrote:
    Not my favourite but I never saw Nirvana.I sold my ticket for their gig at the Calton Studios,Edinburgh in 2001/2,I had to work that night,but my mate went and said they were crap anyway :0 apparently they played for 40 minutes before Kurt threw a strop.

You do realize that Kurt died in '94?

Anyway, here's my list:

AC/DC
    Black Sabbath
    Foo Fighters
    Cream
    KISS
    Rage
    Guns N' Roses (original)
    Metallica
    Iron Maiden
    Judas Priest
    Black Crowes
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    David Bowie

The Cure

R E M

INXS (w/michael hutchence)

Neil Young

Marilyn Manson

Placebo

Talking Heads

Nirvana

Foo Fighters

Ramones

Dead Boys
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    geishagrrl wrote:
    The Dead Milkmen
    i would of loved to see them!!!
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    JibitiJibiti Posts: 264
    R.E.M.

I'll be sure to catch them on their next U.S. tour.
    6.30.06 - Marcus Ampitheatre (Summerfest),
    9.03-04.11 PJ20!!!
    7.19.13 - Wrigley!!!
    10.19.14, 10.20.14 (Yield!!)
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    never saw nirvana. or the band. or rage against the machine. or soundgarden. :(
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    pink floyd
    alice in chains
    counting crows
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~PJ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥ KoL ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/14/95, Charlotte 2000, 2003:4/15, 4/16, 7/1, 7/5, 7/6, 7/8, 7/9, 2006: 5/27, 5/28, 5/30;6/17/08, 6/28/08
    *** www.myspace.com/pirljamgirl***
  • Options
    mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    many
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli