Say what you will about Staind, but Aaron Lewis........

ajurlacherajurlacher Posts: 48
edited April 2008 in Other Music
is the fucking man! He has an absolutely incredible voice. He managed to use his grunge (hate using that word but....) influences without "copying" anybody. He Is a great songwriter, in a much simpler sense than guys like Eddie yes, but manages to express himself in a very eloquent way regardless. The one knock on him is that at times he seems disinterested when he is singing, but when he is on, he is fucking on! Anybody see this???????????.............
http://youtube.com/watch?v=04I_MRZ5JN8
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    I'll watch it. His version of Black is amazing. He really loves Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains doesn't he. :D
    What the fuck is this world?
  • maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    I've seen Aaron with Staind & a few times solo - I think he puts on a great show! People say he is whiny, but I really dig his voice. I love the Unplugged cd.
    I know he gets bashed a lot around here though.
    My lips are shaking.......
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    I really don't like Staind but I completely agree in regards to Aaron Lewis - what a voice.
  • snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    i'm fine with him.
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    I was an angry adolescent and liked Staind's Dysfunction and Break The Cycle albums a lot when they came out. I haven't listened to Staind much in the last 7 years or so, but Aaron Lewis does have a very strong voice. I think I'd be a lot more tempted to see a solo acoustic show than a Staind show.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • having grown up on Kermit the Frog, i think his voice is great too!
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I liked Break the Cycle back when it came out and the videos I've seen of him playing solo are pretty solid. I don't get all the bashing.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    gleemonex wrote:
    I was an angry adolescent and liked Staind's Dysfunction and Break The Cycle albums a lot when they came out. I haven't listened to Staind much in the last 7 years or so, but Aaron Lewis does have a very strong voice. I think I'd be a lot more tempted to see a solo acoustic show than a Staind show.

so do I until I saw them Live... very disappointed.
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • Yea Staind is kind of boring live but I still really enjoy them. I saw Aaron's solo show last year and it was great. He would play songs that people in the crowd shouted for it was a really cool night, he seems like a very nice, down to earth dude.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    staind is the only "nu-grunge" bands i think is decent. (god i hate that term) His version of black is decent, and the song "layne" about layne staleys death is nice.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09