weezer leaked

thecorythecory Posts: 290
edited May 2008 in Other Music
inside info from a silenced comrade tells me that the first 8 tracks have been leaked. check it out
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Cool >ooking forward to it. I'm hoping it'll be better than Make Believe.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Whaddya mean leaked, I thought they split up after the last pile of repetative shite they released???
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Whaddya mean leaked, I thought they split up after the last pile of repetative shite they released???
    They didn't break up, just took a short break. The new, self-titled album (Red Album) is supposed to be released on June 24. I'm going to have to find the leak. Supposedly the new stuff sounds like their first 2 albums. Make Believe was garbage. Pork and Beans (new single) is pretty decent if you get past the immature lyrics.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    who gives a fuck about weezer......the blue album was classic, but beyond that was just GARBAGE!!!
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
    Oxxys wrote:
    who gives a fuck about weezer......the blue album was classic, but beyond that was just GARBAGE!!!
    Pinkerton was very good, Green was fun summer music, Maladroit is underrated...Make Believe was garbage...
    I'm not too sure how to take the new songs. I feel convinced that we are just going to have to settle with elementary rhymes from Rivers from now on.
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    adam42381 wrote:
    Pinkerton was very good, Green was fun summer music, Maladroit is underrated...Make Believe was garbage...
    I agree, except I don't like Maladroit, bar about 4 songs.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • they're on youtube, and i must say......after a first listen I am very disappointed. almost.....dare I say......extremely emo-ish.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • BrezBrez Posts: 570
    I'm not too sure how to take the new songs. I feel convinced that we are just going to have to settle with elementary rhymes from Rivers from now on.

That's too bad. His lyrics were awesome on the Blue Album and Pinkerton. But I guess that can be said for any aspect of Weezer.
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • The lyrics were intentionally that way for Pork and Beans just in case anyone wondered...
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    The lyrics were intentionally that way for Pork and Beans just in case anyone wondered...

I understand that...but for the other 7, the lyrics are terrible.
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    The lyrics were intentionally that way for Pork and Beans just in case anyone wondered...

How about the other 7? (heh heh, ledvedderman beat me to it. disregard my question.)

But at least the music is a bit of a departure. I think this album may fall in to the "grower" category. But can't confirm yet

Not floored after one listen though, mainly due to middle school lyrics
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    It's trash. Not only are they disgracing the Blue Album by making this one the "Red Album" (come on we've seen this one twice already, get creative)....but they have lost touch with their ability to write an excellent song. The lyrics are embarrassing, as they have been since Green. Bring back Matt Sharp. He obviously had something to do with Weezer releasing quality music. There's some good stuff spread throughout all their mediocre releases, but not so much here.

And no, this is not bad in the sense that Pinkerton is weird and maybe it'll grow on me. Pinkerton was mysterious and drew me back several times until I got it. This, well I've listened once and been very disappointed.

:(
    adam42381 wrote:
    Supposedly the new stuff sounds like their first 2 albums.
    This was the same song they sang when Make Believe came out. Just trying to get people to buy the album unfortunately. The closest thing to Pinkerton is the main riff of Pork and Beans.
  • AzwethinkweizAzwethinkweiz Posts: 547
    Red Album is laughably bad.
    From what I've heard so far, Dreamin is the only thing that sounds like the Blue Album. Pretty disappointing.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dHY99Pl6js0
    Dreamin', Pork and Beans, ...I'm in a lazy mood. What are the others that were leaked?
  • i am a targeti am a target Posts: 808
    the current state of weezer makes me depressed. however. i will ALWAYS be able to forgive them for the shit they continue to spew based on my undying love of the blue album and pinkerton.
    hobbes wrote:
    the current state of weezer makes me depressed. however. i will ALWAYS be able to forgive them for the shit they continue to spew based on my undying love of the blue album and pinkerton.
    +1

I want to like their "Red" stuff so much but it's mostly garbage. Pork and Beans is decent, not up to Weezer standards though (the one I know and love). Troublemaker has a decent main riff but the lyrics ruin it... Everybody Get Dangerous is pretty good, but again the lyrics are so horrible. Dreamin' is okay.

• thecorythecory Posts: 290

agree i said it before but How can you rhyme annything with 'Underwear?!?'
  • suns22suns22 Posts: 94
    I think this will be the first of the post-pink albums that I don't buy on day one. Unless a miracle happens and this crap truely grows on me between now and june.

I agree with all the criticism so far. Why does it seem like the older Rivers gets, the more immature his lyrics have become.
    San Antonio '03
    Houston '03
    Dallas '03
    Hopefully more to come in TX.......some day.
    Bonnaroo '08
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    danny72688 wrote:
    It's trash. Not only are they disgracing the Blue Album by making this one the "Red Album" (come on we've seen this one twice already, get creative)....but they have lost touch with their ability to write an excellent song. The lyrics are embarrassing, as they have been since Green. Bring back Matt Sharp. He obviously had something to do with Weezer releasing quality music. There's some good stuff spread throughout all their mediocre releases, but not so much here.

And no, this is not bad in the sense that Pinkerton is weird and maybe it'll grow on me. Pinkerton was mysterious and drew me back several times until I got it. This, well I've listened once and been very disappointed.

Don't know if i'd call Pinkerton weird. Probably something more like legit Power pop. This one is weirder than Pinkerton.
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,113
    I am starting to really like what has leaked

esp. The Greatest Man, Heart Songs, Troublemaker

It's better than Make Believe by far