Song Remains the Same (dvd)

allforcarrieallforcarrie Posts: 60
edited December 2007 in Other Music
I saw the remaster 5.1 edition of the song remains the same in hte BX yesterday. Is it worth picking up ove the normal version?
model, role model, roll some models in blood
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    id say it would be decent, but i'd suggest picking up the 2-disc 2003 dvd set instead, if you haven't already

http://www.amazon.com/Led-Zeppelin-Robert-Plant/dp/B00008PX8P/ref=pd_bbs_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1197256367&sr=1-3
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Apparently it has extra footage and is remastered or something. You might find more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Song_Remains_the_Same_%28film%29

I bought the original DVD ages ago but I've yet to watch it. Maybe over the hols.
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    Only pick it up if you are a hardcore Zep fan because, quite frankly, this is a very average outing and the filmed sequences are very cheesy.
  • Yeah, if you want a good concert get the 2 disc set mentioned above. Think some of the songs from the nights at MSG that weren't on Song Remains Same DVD are on here too.

The sequences are kind of cheesy, but they needed something to fill the space because the camera crew missed entire sections of songs.

And some things aren't synched right, I think the performances are compilations of a few nights at MSG. Think John Paul Jones was only one who didn't dress the same all nights so you can see shots of him w/ different clothes on in the same song.
    Bob Loblaw's Law Blog: "Why should YOU go to jail for a crime someone else noticed?"
  • ii44 wrote:
    Only pick it up if you are a hardcore Zep fan because, quite frankly, this is a very average outing and the filmed sequences are very cheesy.

hmmmm I'll probly get it when i get home.
    model, role model, roll some models in blood