Same Old Songs

LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
edited March 2008 in Other Music
Listening to 311's "Use of Time" from 1997's Transistor and, boy, does it sound a lot like PJ's "Inside Job," mainly the guitar melodies. I didn't really want to put this in the Porch because I'm not really accusing Mike of ripping off 311 or anything but I think it's unintentional. Also with the drumming of "Use of Time" it also sounds too much like Faith No More's ""King For A Day."

There's been many PJ songs that has somewhat of "ripoff"/"sounds like" songs such as "Breath" and Meat Puppets' "Oh Me" or "Tremor Christ" and Neil Young's "Farmer John."

Anyways, so you think it's REALLY hard to be completely original without sounding like others?
...and can you think of other songs that sounds very similar to each other?

a few more from me:
Incubus' "Anna-Molly" sounds just like Live's "Heropsychodreamer"
Nirvana's guitar riff in "Smells Like Teen Spirit" exactly like Boston's "More Than A Feeling" and even Led Zeppelin's "Baby I Gonna Leave You" sounds like an old 50's song, which I can't remember but hear it in commercials sometimes.
PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• One sound-alike that may be obvious to others but has been on my mind lately:

Bruce Springsteen - Radio Nowhere vs. Tommy Tutone - 867-5309 / Jenny
  • dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    LongRd. wrote:
    Listening to 311's "Use of Time" from 1997's Transistor and, boy, does it sound a lot like PJ's "Inside Job," mainly the guitar melodies. I didn't really want to put this in the Porch because I'm not really accusing Mike of ripping off 311 or anything but I think it's unintentional. Also with the drumming of "Use of Time" it also sounds too much like Faith No More's ""King For A Day."

There's been many PJ songs that has somewhat of "ripoff"/"sounds like" songs such as "Breath" and Meat Puppets' "Oh Me" or "Tremor Christ" and Neil Young's "Farmer John."

Anyways, so you think it's REALLY hard to be completely original without sounding like others?
    ...and can you think of other songs that sounds very similar to each other?

a few more from me:
    Incubus' "Anna-Molly" sounds just like Live's "Heropsychodreamer"
    Nirvana's guitar riff in "Smells Like Teen Spirit" exactly like Boston's "More Than A Feeling" and even Led Zeppelin's "Baby I Gonna Leave You" sounds like an old 50's song, which I can't remember but hear it in commercials sometimes.
    Holy shit. Never made the connection, but you are 100% right! Use Of Time
    is a great song.
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • its almost exactly the same. I couldnt remember the name of that song.