The Slip CD/DVD combo

edited July 2008 in Other Music
Comes out tomorrow.

Rehearsals for the new tour on the DVD...a sticker pack...individually numbered out of 200000...24 page booklet.

Artists needed to take a look at how trent and even Pearl Jam specially prepare their new releases with extras. I can not wait to get the new NIN album.

Adam
"Music is the glue that holds everything together. Without it, everything would fall apart." --Eddie (From the movie EMPIRE RECORDS)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• This release is going to be great...My only concern is trying to grab it in a city like Toronto...
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    This release is going to be great...My only concern is trying to grab it in a city like Toronto...
    Why would it be hard? :confused:
    NERDS!
  • Why would it be hard? :confused:

just because it is a limited production run
    "Music is the glue that holds everything together. Without it, everything would fall apart." --Eddie (From the movie EMPIRE RECORDS)
  • DVD rocks.

Their tour is going to be soo fucking loud. I love how hard Robin playes on Discipline.

Seriously Go Get It!
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    i think ill hold off for the vinyl...

are the DVD performance the same ones that have been on youtube for awhile? i saw a few videos of the new songs that seem to be pro shot... and VERY cool

im really thinking of adding a show in addition to lolla now... just dont think that one will be enough... anyone know if there are still good tix left to detroit?
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    i've heard these songs since the free deal but i never noticed how boring these songs were until i watched the dvd. not that i listened to them that much then. every single songs starts, drums, guitar riff, then band/singing. and if that wasnt bad enough every song sounds the same. every guitar riff is just slightly different then the others. i still think year zero is his worst album but this isnt far behind. i think id be happier with the 5 years between releases then this current string of sub-par music.

still looking forward to seeing nin next month, but im not looking forward to hearing more than one song off this album.
  • bluemonkeybluemonkey Posts: 198
    i got #173,253.
  • i've heard these songs since the free deal but i never noticed how boring these songs were until i watched the dvd. not that i listened to them that much then. every single songs starts, drums, guitar riff, then band/singing. and if that wasnt bad enough every song sounds the same. every guitar riff is just slightly different then the others. i still think year zero is his worst album but this isnt far behind. i think id be happier with the 5 years between releases then this current string of sub-par music.

still looking forward to seeing nin next month, but im not looking forward to hearing more than one song off this album.

I agree. I lvoed Fragile, TDS, Broken and liked With Teeth and PHM. Year Zero and The Slip are horrible. Year Zero I can tolerate but the Slip I have listened to five times and still don't hear anything remotely interesting. I hate the new rushed electronic sound Trent is making. Please at least wait three years to put a new album out Trent.

Blue Monkey, Where do you live in Monroe County? I got to MCC and live at the Clayton Arms Apartments.
  • bluemonkeybluemonkey Posts: 198
    Blue Monkey, Where do you live in Monroe County? I got to MCC and live at the Clayton Arms Apartments.
    i live in monroe new york.that's orange county.don't think we're talking about the same place.
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    Loved the DVD, can't wait to see them live next month!

As for the Slip, didn't really get into it a lot when I first downloaded it, but I'm liking it the more I listen to it (same scenario happened when I got With_Teeth)
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • RockKingRockKing Posts: 431
    i've heard these songs since the free deal but i never noticed how boring these songs were until i watched the dvd. not that i listened to them that much then. every single songs starts, drums, guitar riff, then band/singing. and if that wasnt bad enough every song sounds the same. every guitar riff is just slightly different then the others. i still think year zero is his worst album but this isnt far behind. i think id be happier with the 5 years between releases then this current string of sub-par music.

So, what you're saying is that if you removed the vocal tracks from these songs, you couldn't tell one from the other??? If so, then you just haven't paid attention to this album at all. Are these songs all supposed to convey the same feel? Yes. Does that mean they all sound the same? No.

As for your claim that all the riffs are only "slightly" different, well, you can see for yourself that's not true: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/nine_inch_nails_tabs.htm

I guess you and I have very different definitions of "slightly". Anyway, look, if you don't like "The Slip", that's cool. There's no such thing as music that is absolutely good. Some people will like things, some people won't. Heck, you might find the songs boring, and that's fine. But there's no need to make up things like saying the songs are the same, because they most definitely aren't.
    --"I'm like an opening band for the sun"

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
  • Rock as hard as anything they have done. Live those songs will be phenominal. I can not wait to see them at the Virgin Festival in Baltimore.

Adam
  • reznors edgereznors edge Posts: 136

It's simple really. Just don't buy the freakin' album. It's meant to be a gift for his loyal fans who have stuck by him anyways. I don't see Pearl Jam giving away any music despite their "fan friendly" anti-corporate posturing. I honestly don't see how you think all the songs sound alike. God knows that no Pearl jam album has ever sounded the same. [/sarcism]
  • mensanemensane Posts: 912
    Rock as hard as anything they have done. Live those songs will be phenominal. I can not wait to see them at the Virgin Festival in Baltimore.

Adam

saw them last night. holy hell was that a great show. and the new songs kick ass live....
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    It's simple really. Just don't buy the freakin' album. It's meant to be a gift for his loyal fans who have stuck by him anyways. I don't see Pearl Jam giving away any music despite their "fan friendly" anti-corporate posturing. I honestly don't see how you think all the songs sound alike. God knows that no Pearl jam album has ever sounded the same. [/sarcism]

as a free album i really couldnt complain, some good songs and all. but now that i bought the cd/dvd i can gauge its vaule based on what i paid for it, and its not worth it to me. this doesnt take away from the fact trent made some of the best music in the 90's or that his live shows are some of the best you'll be able to see. but as of late i think he is just putting too much stuff out and the quality is starting to suffer. the songs on this album sound more alike than any songs on any of his past albums not counting remixes, or ghosts. im use to hearing a wide varity of stuff on a nin album, ive come to expect that i guess. and $13.99 isnt a gift to fans, thats a sale.

and what does pj have to do with any of this?
  • is named OTHER MUSIC...

The genius in Nine Inch Nails is their live show. They actually pull off all of their songs live including the computer generated songs. That fact alone puts him as an innovator in the music industry. Also his songs are better live than on the CD. How many times have you seen a band play and say "eh" I like the CD better. The sign of an amazing musician is that they are better live in concert.

I saw Jet and Oasis in concert a couple of years ago. I must say that i like both of them better on their CD's. Nin, Pearl Jam, Neil Young, U2 are way better live in concert.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    i picked up the cd/dvd combo on the way to the seattle show...nice packagin, the stickers are pretty lame IMO, but the dvd is great. i think the people who still buy physical copies are gonna be happy about what bands are gonna do to try and get your dollar for the real copy of their music. great news for us!!!

i got number 9, 360/250,000

p.s. - in all encompassing trip i have a thread about the show. NUTS!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I got #52,819. There's a whole thread on echoing the sound where everyone's posting the number they got, the sticker pack they got and their location. We are such geeks! Love the DVD footage. Freese is a machine. esp. Letting You.

Can't wait for my shows.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008