J Mascis

edited January 2008 in Other Music
Anyone heard the CD "J Mascis Live at CBGB's" ... i just borrowed it from a buddy and its fantastic...Its the first acoustic show that the venue hosted. Its a bit short, but the songs are catchy and the performance is great.

I highly recommend it to anyone.

Cheers.
"Music is the glue that holds everything together. Without it, everything would fall apart." --Eddie (From the movie EMPIRE RECORDS)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RockKingRockKing Posts: 431
    Anyone heard the CD "J Mascis Live at CBGB's" ... i just borrowed it from a buddy and its fantastic...Its the first acoustic show that the venue hosted. Its a bit short, but the songs are catch and the performance is great.

I highly recommend it to anyone.

Cheers.

I used to listen to it quite a bit, but it's been a while now since the last time I listened. A great disc for sure. I need to dig mine out and give it a listen again. Thanks for the reminder.
    --"I'm like an opening band for the sun"

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    wasn't he in dinosaur bbq?
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    one of the most original rock guitar players i've heard and enjoyed.

the riff in "almost ready" [beyond] is the coolest one i've heard in a while
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Oh i have not heard that acoustic disc.

I have the release Martin & Me and i have a couple boots of his solo acoustic tours that are very good. Including one from Cat's Cradle that i attended :)

J is awesome.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22