Queens of The Stone Age

edited August 2007 in Other Music
Im going to see them in Baltimore during September, and wondered if anyone has caught them on their current tour? How were they? How was the opener? How long did they play?
"Music is the glue that holds everything together. Without it, everything would fall apart." --Eddie (From the movie EMPIRE RECORDS)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thesheffthesheff Posts: 59
    I haven't seen them on their current tour (though I will see them opening for Rage in 2 weeks), but I have seen them in the past twice. They opened both times. I liked them a lot more the first time I saw them than the second, and I think it had to do with the fact that the first time I saw them Songs for the Deaf had just been released, and the other time I saw them Lullibies had just been released. They seemed to play stuff from every album, but obviously they played more of their newer songs. So I guess it depends on how much you like Era Vulgaris
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    One of the best live acts out there right now.
    I saw them twice this year, but one was at a radio festival and the other was at a county fair with noise restrictions in place... still, fucking great live band.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • PiercePierce Posts: 71
    i am seeing them tonight....it will be my third time
  • lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    you will fall in love with this band once you see them live. i was a casual fan until i had my first live encounter. Josh is a very underrated musician.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • I was lucky and my first time was the lineup with Nick on Bass and Grohl on Drums, and Lanegan roaming :). Fucking Amazing, small intimate venue here in Portland. Krist Noveselic was just hanging at the bar. And it was also the very last show I got to go to with one of my best friends. (R.I.P.)
    NERDS!
  • Pierce wrote:
    i am seeing them tonight....it will be my third time
    Christ man, that was a great show tonight at cains.
  • PandemicPandemic Posts: 54
    They are amazing live.

The openers, Gasoline Angels, suck if you ask me though.
  • I'll be at that B'more show, too. It'll be my fourth time seeing them, they're great. I hope Lanegan is with them, but I haven't heard anything about him touring this year. From what I hear about the venue, it should be a great time, really intimate room.
    "If you love someone... set them free. If someone loves you, don't fuck it up." - Ed
  • Pandemic wrote:
    They are amazing live.

The openers, Gasoline Angels, suck if you ask me though.[/QUOT
    Saying they suck is a huge understatement, drummer was 4 on floor whole time and did like 3 fills, and guitar mostly did power chords. sounded fucking weak
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I saw them at Werchter end of June and they were awesome !
    This wasn't the first time I saw them but I had forgotten how good they are...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • pr4mojo1pr4mojo1 Posts: 102
    They blow live now without Nick or Mark Lanegan touring with them. I've seen both versions and this is QOTSA Lite.
    09/12/92-Irvine, 11/05/93-Indio, 06/24/95-San Fran, 11/06/95-SD, 11/07/95-SD, 7/13/98-LA, 07/14/98-LA, 10/25/00-SD, 10/28/00-Devore, 06/02/03-Irvine, 06/05/03-SD, 06/06/03-LV, 10/28/03-Santa Barbara, 09/02/05-Vancouver, 06/24/06-Cincy, 07/06/06-LV, 07/07/06-SD, 07/09/06-LA, 07/10/06-LA, 07/13/06-SB
  • biffy clyro are supporting.
  • I saw them open for Nails. They were pretty...drunk.
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    they do some really good shows! i cant wait to see them on the SAME stage as my boy KID ROCK!!!!!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!