Shut up and Sing (The Dixie Chicks)

edited August 2007 in Other Music
Let me preface this by saying i am not a big fan of country music, the closest thing i have is my uncle tueplo anthology.

Ok...with that out of the way...everyone should watch this documentary.

It detailed them dealing with the repercussions of their remarks in england about president bush during a time when it was dangerous to disagree. They were labeled as being anti-american for disagreeing with the current administration. In a time where image is everything, I was fascinated by their tenacity to stand together and not compromise what they believe.

I am a person who love when Ed, Bono, Bruce Springsteen, anyone speaks their mind about something important. Music is all about passionate people speaking about things that important to them. I still listen to the Uniondale bootleg where pearl jam plays bushleaguer and gets booed. You shouldnt be on that stage if you don't have something to say, and it is ok to have people disagree. As Ed stated "An open dialogue is a good thing". An open dialogue is what causes changes to occur.

Also the version of know your rights and RITFW that followed were pretty fucking fierce.

Cheers to the Dixie Chicks for having integrity and at the same time being really talented.
"Music is the glue that holds everything together. Without it, everything would fall apart." --Eddie (From the movie EMPIRE RECORDS)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    that's a bad ass movie, and i dont like the dixie chicks or country.