Sorry Stone, but BRAD sux....

JuberooJuberoo Posts: 472
edited August 2007 in Other Music
Shawn just cannot sing. Period.
Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense.

A truly liberal person is conservative when necessary.

Pro-life by choice.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• HebejebeHebejebe Posts: 108
    Juberoo wrote:
    You might not like his voice but the dude can sing.
  • PyramidPyramid Posts: 61
    Juberoo wrote:

haha u need to get ur ears checked mate!
    "...follow the strangest tribe..." - pj

www.flickr.com/photos/vainch

http://loveanddestruction.blogspot.com/

http://www.davidveentjer.com
  • Fender_ManFender_Man Posts: 408
    Shawn's a fine singer, can't wait for new Brad music.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I always like Brad for their Song: Screen

That song is amazing.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Juberoo wrote:

wtf??
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Juberoo wrote:

Obviously he can sing, you just don't happen to like him.

Meanwhile, on a more positive note, good news for my fellow Brad fans ....

"In other Pearl Jam news, Seattle band Brad, which features Pearl Jam guitarist Stone Gossard, is expected to play a few local shows in October, according to frontman Shawn Smith's blog.

Reuters/Billboard"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070823/people_nm/vedder_dc_1;_ylt=AtMIK6wqXFSA.ZunVCf_7V0E1vAI
  • Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
    Juberoo wrote:

Yes he can. :)
  • JuberooJuberoo Posts: 472
    nope sorry...his voice is shaky, squeeky and flat far too often and he sings through his nose. Maybe voice lessons would help.

Pro-life by choice.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    brad is the only side project i really dig. mad season's ok too though i guess.
  • Juberoo wrote:
    nope sorry...his voice is shaky, squeeky and flat far too often and he sings through his nose. Maybe voice lessons would help.

That's why I like the sound of his voice. Like someone above me said, Brad are the only side project band I really love.

Excellent band. So cool!
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,334
    Juberoo wrote:
    Wow, I have had thousands of convesations with music lovers in my life and i have never heard anyone bash Shawn. Everyone gives him total respect, the man's got soul... But there's a first for everything.
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    Juberoo wrote:
    pfft...

BRAD are the fuckin bees, best of all the side-projects. interiors rules & stones funky riff on 20th century makes me wanna duck walk
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • mr bungle wrote:
    Wow, I have had thousands of convesations with music lovers in my life and i have never heard anyone bash Shawn. Everyone gives him total respect, the man's got soul... But there's a first for everything.

It's pretty funny but each to their own, I guess.
  • yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    I have to say I am a fan of Brad also... I dig Shawns voice.
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    itsevobaby wrote:
    stones funky riff on 20th century makes me wanna duck walk

LOL

Also, it is obvious the guy can sing. It's your thing if you don't like his style.

I dig Brad a lot! Though i didn't quite enjoy Discovery Park.
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • mensanemensane Posts: 912
    you are not the only that thinks Brad sucks. they are just boring. shawn's voice is okay. i have heard him sing with other people, and it didnt bother me too much.

i once fell asleep at a Brad show at the Croc. There is booth seat on the wall to the right of the stage. i just laid down and fell asleep. that is how bored i was.

by the way, hands down, mad season was the best side project.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    sorry
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • JuberooJuberoo Posts: 472
    glasshouse wrote:
    sorry
    wow...so original and mature.

Pro-life by choice.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    Juberoo wrote:
    wow...so original and mature.

i'm just messing around my brother. i don't even know how Brad sound, so i'm being an ignorant prick, i know, but i need to stand by stoney no matter what the price.

:p
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    I like Brad... they are not my favorite band, but I'd definately like to see them live than a hel of a lot of other singers/bands out there.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • I concur, he has amazing voice.

If it's not your style, that's fine.

I can't wait for a new album. I think it's the finest side project going.
  • hendrix78hendrix78 Posts: 507
    You're just flat out wrong on that one, man. If you personally don't like his voice, fine - but the dude can sing.
  • Shame's easily one of my favourite albums of the 90's and Interiors is a quality follow-up, I haven't heard Discovery Park so I can't comment.

Shawn's voice is great and really distinguishes Brad's sound, also Satchel's EDC album is quality.

So No! Brad certainly don't suck!
  • I've introduced SO many people to the music of Shawn Smith - and only one person has ever said they couldn't get into his voice. So there are a few of you out there, and the guys in white coats are coming to get you!

With that said, the talent of Shawn Smith is so far beyond just being known as being in Stone's side project - he's released so much quality music over the past decade and a half it's ridiculous!

http://www.newjeruzoo.com/shawnsmith
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Shame's easily one of my favourite albums of the 90's and Interiors is a quality follow-up, I haven't heard Discovery Park so I can't comment.

Shawn's voice is great and really distinguishes Brad's sound, also Satchel's EDC album is quality.

So No! Brad certainly don't suck!

i have been searching high and low for 'edc' as i lost my copy years ago. NOBODY carries that cd...