rolling stone insults/makes fun of the pumpkins

jsasojsaso Posts: 179
edited July 2007 in Other Music
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2007/07/07/live-earth-the-live-blog-marathon/

9:44 PM: Zwan, we mean Billy Corgan and some dudes, we mean the Smashing Pumpkins, thunder onto Bravo, cruelly playing a new song.

9:47 PM: Corgan starts soloing our actual national anthem on the guitar. Is some shit going to start backstage with Bon Jovi? Can that D’Arcy replacement with the hair take Sambora? The plot thickens further.

9:48 PM: Mmm … iPhone ad … want one … oh yeah, global warming, live-blogging, save the planet. On it!

9:52 PM: The new Pumpkins start to sound more Pumpkin-like as they power through “Bullet With Butterfly Wings.” Take that, Jovi!

9:56 PM: Did Corgan just pronounce the name of his new song, “Tarantula,” TAH-ran-TOO-la? Oh, the mysteries of the Pumpkins.

9:59 PM: Corgan tells the fans not to illegally download his new album like they did all of his old albums, then offers a half-hearted “just kidding,” before ripping into “Today.” Today may not actually be the greatest day for the Pumpkins, but it’ll do. Great song.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    Personally, I can't stand Rolling Stone for their pompous, arrogant air that they "know" everything music and thumb their nose at anyone who calls them out on it. They are like the guy who works at the record store who KNOWS what you SHOULD buy and then talks shit about your choices to everyone else later.......much like many people on here. ;)
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i think that's pretty funny! this is more like Zwan to me, just Billy and Jimmy with some other people. where's James, D'arcy and/or Melissa? whatever, not buying the cd. do not care.
  • donravendonraven Posts: 139
    i think that's pretty funny! this is more like Zwan to me, just Billy and Jimmy with some other people. where's James, D'arcy and/or Melissa? whatever, not buying the cd. do not care.

Billy wrote most of the stuff for Pumpkins anyway, in fact i believe Siamese Dream was mostly done by Corgan, which a lot of people consider it to be the best album.
    Boston, MA - Sept 28, 2004
    Halifax, NS - Sept 22, 2005
    Toronto, ON - August 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON - Sept 11, 2011
    Toronto, ON - Sept 12, 2011
    London, ON - July 16, 2013
    Boston, MA - Aug 7, 2016
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    yeah, the truth hurts doesn't it?
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    who cares
    Seriously, it just seems like someone was given the responsibility of blogging all day durring the concerts yesterday and made an attempt at humor.
    Brian