*offical* first time i saw axl rose thread

jsasojsaso Posts: 179
edited July 2007 in Other Music
well...first time i saw axl rose in person was in jan 2001 in las vegas...
when the new gnr came to play...
he looked ...
lonely...like a small child that needs a hug...
well the concert rocked...but...but...but...
axl almost cried when he heard someone buuuuuuued his
off key singing...
where did you see axl "gunny" rose for the first time?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Saw him at inland invasion last year... GNR was the headliner, last band to play... took them over an hour to come out after AIC. Thought they had decided not to play. People started burning stuff on the lawn.
    Don't gimme no lip
  • azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 703
    In concert at The Stone in San Francisco in 1986.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    In concert, Birmingham Race Course (former horse racing track in transition to greyhound racing at the time) Birmingham, Alabama Summer of 1991
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    Saw them back on may 27th ´92 in Stuttgart. Biggest single show i was so far with 75.000 people. They pretty much rocked but nothing compared to the two bands playing in front of them. Faith No More and Soundgarden. Two amazing live bands.
  • AngusAngus Posts: 376

he was only 90 minutes too late.
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Axl Rose hasnt made any relevant music for almost 20 years
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    Schoki wrote:
    Saw them back on may 27th ´92 in Stuttgart. Biggest single show i was so far with 75.000 people. They pretty much rocked but nothing compared to the two bands playing in front of them. Faith No More and Soundgarden. Two amazing live bands.

WOAh!!!! I Saw the same exact concert in Wurzburg I believe it was!!! Soundgarden blew me away that day. I think there was about 60,000 there for my show too. Small dam world!
  • spnoonespnoone Posts: 626
    weedsport 89. opening for aerosmith. not only did gnr blow the headliner away, they went onstage on time. this was before axl had a vagina.
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    Vancouver 2002, well actually Tacoma 2002. Most charasmatic performer I've ever seen. Will be back on top of the rock n roll world if he ever releases "Chinese Democracy".
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    I think it was '87. Gn'R opened for the Cult at Max Bell Arena in Calgary. It was one of my first real concerts, and if I remember correctly, the crowd wasn't too impressed by Gn'R. That was the one and only time I've ever seen them.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12AbNok_-J0

i think i randomly saw this video once.. and this thread works perfect with it!
  • First time was late 91 or early 92 at Target Center in Minny. I believe Soundgarden opened. The show was awesome....GNR that is.

Soundgarden was a good band, but at the time I didn't know a lot of material and almost every song sounded the same (probably because I didn't know them very well and they had the opener setup...shitty).
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    91 at Alpine Valley with Skid row. My first concert ever. I remember how shitty Guns sounded and how great Skid Row was.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Matty Boy wrote:
    Vancouver 2002, well actually Tacoma 2002. Most charasmatic performer I've ever seen. Will be back on top of the rock n roll world if he ever releases "Chinese Democracy".
    A big IF, but yes, it could be pretty good, although I prefered their Appetite style stuff to they're UYI style stuff.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    First time was late 91 or early 92 at Target Center in Minny. I believe Soundgarden opened. The show was awesome....GNR that is.

That was Jan '92, I was at both nights at the Target Center, great long shows.