Pumpkins show in San Diego

crazymerriecrazymerrie Posts: 64
edited July 2007 in Other Music
Anyone know whats going on with the Pumpkins show scheduled for Sept. 19th in San Diego? Ticket sales got postponed.
Don't gimme no lip
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    Anyone know whats going on with the Pumpkins show scheduled for Sept. 19th in San Diego? Ticket sales got postponed.
    Don't know why... but, the Embarcadero Marina Park is a GREAT place for a concert.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • hailhail82hailhail82 Posts: 330
    I'm waiting too. Checkin' the computer everyday, don't know what's going on. Hopefully some news soon.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    hailhail82 wrote:
    I'm waiting too. Checkin' the computer everyday, don't know what's going on. Hopefully some news soon.
    You guys get a great one-two combo... White Stripes on the 18th, Smashing Pumpkins on the 19th. If you get a chance... GO!!! The Embarcadero is a General Admission venue. Invest the time in line and you are real close. Plus, you are standing on grass, not concrete or asphalt.
    Very nice venue.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • r1versr1vers Posts: 244
    Agreed. Such a gorgeous venue this time of year. Saw Radiohead & Death Cab there last summer & such great memories. Going to see the Pumpkins twice next week in San Fran but am still waiting to hear about this show...the venue is enough to make it tempting to go a third time..
    "Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep
  • I'm still waiting to hear something too... There's been very little communication from the band or the venue. I'd hate to miss the on-sale date.

Hopefully there's no venue change... still haven't been to the Embarcadero since I moved to SD
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Sounds like it may be moved according to this article:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/features/20070713-9999-1n13concert.html

Specifically, this part:

"Meanwhile, four upcoming Viejas-booked concerts at Embarcadero Marina Park South – shows by Smashing Pumpkins, Hilary Duff, White Stripes and Diana Krall – may now be moved to yet-to-be-determined local venues operated by Live Nation.

A Live Nation spokesman was unable to confirm yesterday whether the four Embarcadero concerts would be shifted to company owned or operated venues here. A Viejas representative attributed the possible concert moves to concerns from nearby Coronado residents about noise levels at the shows, rather than to AEG Live's move into the local market or the departure of Redfearn and his staff."

Could be the end of concerts at the Embarcadero, unfortunately. I just picked up a kayak a few weeks ago, partially with the intention of catching free shows at the Embarcadero and Humphreys.

Hopefully (for me) either the Pumpkins or the White Stripes get added to Street Scene. I bought presale tickets hoping it would be a decent lineup, and while I'm excited about a few of the bands (Muse, Arctic Monkeys, Social D, Clap Your Hands say Yeah), there's not much else on the lineup to look forward to.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball