Saw Tom Morello Last Night...

crazymerriecrazymerrie Posts: 64
edited July 2007 in Other Music
He is still rocking! Using the alter-ego "The Nightwatchman," he has "unleashed the chocolate baratone" on the world. His songs are inspiring and his stage persona is both moving and fucking hillarious. I think its the end of his tour for at least a while... but Im looking forward to seeing him again.
Don't gimme no lip
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• KravenKraven Posts: 829
    Did he tell you the story of the half roll of nickels?
    32 shows and counting...
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    HA! You beat me to!

Last night was pretty damned good....and who knew that an acoustic, protest, fight-the-power show could be so entertaining!

And not without a slight dig at Cornell, while you're at it. Love Cornell, but Tom's bit made me laugh. Hard.

Gotta love the baritone, especially when it's of the milk chocolate kind. And with suspenders.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • I was there too... didn't really know what to expect beforehand, but it was an incredible show. Tom was really passionate, had some funny stories, and did a great job gettting the crowd going. Seemed to me he kinda liked all the rage references... wouldn't surprise me at all if he wanted them to get back together full-time.

"Where's Chris Cornell??"
    "He's in the hotel trying to think of ways to break up the band"

:D
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Judging by his reactions I think he's all for a full-on, full time gig with Rage.

I was standing directly behind the guy who, not so gently, requested "Bulls on Parade".

Tom looked like he really wanted to give us "Bulls On Parade".
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Yeah, but Im glad hes seperating himself from that... he responded by telling the guy he must have been confusing his ticket with another band (i.e. RATM). I can't wait for rage to be back in full force instead of random shows here and there. But Im glad Tom is keeping his Nightwatchman stuff seperate from RATM and Audioslave. That way he weeds out the people expecting to go to his show to see him play songs from his other bands. He just gets fans who are interested in his message and his music. He doesnt dissapoint anyone that way.
    Don't gimme no lip
  • ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    we were there too..........I thought it was a great show. I've seen him once before but enjoyed THIS show much more.....loved Ike Riley too, also a funny guy...we chatted with him afterwards and he was very warm and nice .....Now, I FINALLY got to see Boots Riley............(the Riley Bros ladies and gentlemen, separated at birth, lol!!)) For those of you who don't know, Ike is white and Boots is chocolate, and I LOVE his style......I'm not really into rap but this guy, when I was introduced to him all I could say was, "I wanted MORE!"....lol, at least he laughed............I say it everywhere else, so I'll say it here: do yourself a favor and when Tom comes near your town, make an effort to see him. I don't think you'll be sorry..........

:)
  • KravenKraven Posts: 829
    So he does tell the same stories, I kind of figured as much, they are funny as hell though. It was a great treat to see him at the Bowery ballroom last month in NYC.
    32 shows and counting...
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    Toshala wrote:
    we were there too..........I thought it was a great show. I've seen him once before but enjoyed THIS show much more.....loved Ike Riley too, also a funny guy...we chatted with him afterwards and he was very warm and nice .....Now, I FINALLY got to see Boots Riley............(the Riley Bros ladies and gentlemen, separated at birth, lol!!)) For those of you who don't know, Ike is white and Boots is chocolate, and I LOVE his style......I'm not really into rap but this guy, when I was introduced to him all I could say was, "I wanted MORE!"....lol, at least he laughed............I say it everywhere else, so I'll say it here: do yourself a favor and when Tom comes near your town, make an effort to see him. I don't think you'll be sorry..........

:)

So jealous you got to see Ike Reilly and to meet him OMG. His new record is without fail the best thing I have heard this year, his last two were just about the best thing from their years as well brilliant and brilliantly consistant.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • toddiet123toddiet123 Posts: 271
    when I saw him in boston he teased "Bombtrack"

click my blog link in the sig and do a search for the nightwatchman on my blog for a review.