Mark Lanegan

dustdust Posts: 133
edited July 2007 in Other Music
Seeing Mark In London next week with the Soulsavers (one of the albums of the year) Its the only think helping me through the Wembley come down. Any other fans out there?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MathMath Posts: 71
    Yes there is... Well, at least one. "Bubblegum" never left my CD charger since I bought it, and "I'll Take Care Of you" comes back from time to time.
    "Not only is there no God, but try getting a plumber on weekends" - Woody ALLEN
  • dustdust Posts: 133
    Thought there might be more of us. Bubblegum is such a great album, I think Field Songs is my favourite tho. There really aren't words to describe that voice
  • MathMath Posts: 71
    dust wrote:
    There really aren't words to describe that voice

Caveman?

Marlboro man?

And yes, Field Songs is pretty good too.
    "Not only is there no God, but try getting a plumber on weekends" - Woody ALLEN
  • love mark!

im goin on tues and weds next week

though i heard theres no solo mark stuff, just soulsavers
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    yeh i like Revival... pretty cool.. im just there to hear mark's holy voice!!

tuesday 17th right?
  • danielheyesdanielheyes Posts: 362
    quality singer,not got the soulsavers yet but cant wait to hear it.

love ballad of the broken sea's too.
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
  • bladworth116bladworth116 Posts: 344
    big Lanegan/Trees fan here. i bought "Scraps at Midnight" and listened to it while driving down a lonely road at 2am 10 yrs. ago and have been hooked ever since
  • dustdust Posts: 133
    love mark!

im goin on tues and weds next week

though i heard theres no solo mark stuff, just soulsavers

I'm jealous, can only make Tues but I am going to the Lanegan/Campbell Gig the week after :) Is there enough Soulsavers stuff to fill a set? there has to be some surprises thrown in there.

Couldn't help noticing bladworth is from medicine hat, I spent a while aimlessly riding Greyhound buses around Canada, I remember stopping there and likeing the stories 'bout how it got its name. Mark is definitely twilight road trip music.