Coldplay fans? who's heard "Violet Hill"?

GrasshopperGrasshopper Posts: 137
edited May 2008 in Other Music
It's really good.
I've read all this press about them shaking things up and it's made me a bit nervous. I should of known better than to question them.
This guy wouldn't know magesty if it bit him in the face- Strong bad

www.myspace.com/lastgeneration56
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bossman3188bossman3188 Posts: 263
    i was looking forward to their new stuff and they really delivered with that single. I'm pumped for the new album, they're one of my favorite bands.
    there'll be time for laughin'
    there's no time to cry
    soon i will be leavin'
    look me in the eye
    no matter what's in front of me
    it's your face that i'll see
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    so far one of my fav songs this year.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    you don't need to be a Coldplay fan to like that song. It is just a great song
  • EquallyWorthlessEquallyWorthless Posts: 3,993
    has anyone heard the other song on the Violet Hill single???

its called "lost atrium"
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • EquallyWorthlessEquallyWorthless Posts: 3,993
    you don't need to be a Coldplay fan to like that song. It is just a great song

i was instantly in love with it
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Not to trash them or anything, but I tried listening on Myspace and couldn't make it all the way through. It seemed good until it hit the chorus and then I realized it used almost the exact same melody as another of their songs and I found my interest die almost instantly. I was hoping there was something redeemable after X&Y (I'm sort of a closet Coldplay fan, at least for the first two albums. Shh, don't tell anyone.), but this doesn't do it. I'll give any other songs that pop up a chance, though.
    I discovered the secret of life, but forgot to write it down.
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    love the song!
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Posts: 137
    I dont know if you would call it a solo or just a bridge but whatever it is; is groovy as hell. I like Martin singing in a lower register.

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Posts: 137
    Not to trash them or anything, but I tried listening on Myspace and couldn't make it all the way through. It seemed good until it hit the chorus and then I realized it used almost the exact same melody as another of their songs and I found my interest die almost instantly. I was hoping there was something redeemable after X&Y (I'm sort of a closet Coldplay fan, at least for the first two albums. Shh, don't tell anyone.), but this doesn't do it. I'll give any other songs that pop up a chance, though.

I would agree that if Coldplay has a weakness it would be regurgitating vocal melodies. The X&Y album really grew on me despite that though.

• pearljammerpearljammer Posts: 237
    It's not bad.
    EvenFLOW PsYcHo #29

~ is your Pearl Jam cup half empty, or 1/2 Full?
  • Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    Loving Violet Hill.....

Hoping the new album is far better than X&Y which was a huge let down for me after the genius of Rush Of Blood To The Head.....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    nice progressive effort, I DO like it, 2008 will be Coldplay's year for sure!
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    one of the things i really love about the song is its so different form their other stuff, so much in fact that i actually didnt eve realise it was coldplay when i heard it on the radio until half way through the song :eek:
    "wait...is this...?"

i lovvvve this song.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam