Musical Trades

Joe2TheRevengeJoe2TheRevenge Posts: 904
edited June 2008 in Other Music
Give a one-hit-wonder a career. Get rid of a band with a career. It's quite simple.

it's a shame Kula Shaker didn't get bigger and Radiohead didn't just disappear after Creep.

That's a trade i'd like.

Your turn...
You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bluemonkeybluemonkey Posts: 198
    it's a shame nickleback is massive and most americans have never heard of danko jones.
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Kula Shaker had a few hits and the album sold well in the UK, more a one-album wonder. Don't miss 'em.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    I wish Oasis flopped and the Verve made it big on the strength of their first two albums rather than releasing that commercial britpop diatribe Urban Hymns before quitting.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Kula Shaker were fucking AWFUL.
    Kula Shaker were fucking AWFUL.

3 words "Mystical Machine Gun" lol.:)
    I didn't mind the first album, but this song really killed mine and pretty much most peoples interest in them.:)
  • Kula Shaker were fucking AWFUL.

Hymen-evil-in-my-knee-a-TATTVA. :D
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Tattva is one of the worst things ever.

Anyway, I'd lose post-Beatles McCartney (and indeed half of his Beatles output) and make the late 80s punk band Rain as well-known and prolific as Fugazi.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Tattva is one of the worst things ever.

Anyway, I'd lose post-Beatles McCartney (and indeed half of his Beatles output) and make the late 80s punk band Rain as well-known and prolific as Fugazi.

Big punk fan, never heard of Rain what should I check out?:)
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Hymen-evil-in-my-knee-a-TATTVA. :D

Haha! Man that song was shitbags. I was trying to find a youtube link to The Shirehorses' (Mark and Lard) piss take of Tattva but it's not there :(
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Travis should have been a lot bigger, and Coldplay should have tanked!
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Travis should have been a lot bigger, and Coldplay should have tanked!

I always viewed Coldplay as the bastard child of the aforementioned(hate them both).
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Big punk fan, never heard of Rain what should I check out?:)
    They only released 6 songs... :( Their EP, La Vache Qui Rit is amazing and newly available from Dischord records again for the first time in 18 years. It's kind of like Embrace/Rites of Spring, if you've heard them you'll know what to expect. Hardcore influenced but more poppy and anthemic.

4 of the songs are here to listen to but unfortunately the person that put them up has missed the best song on it, Snakeout :o Even so, That Time of Year is great.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=98907484
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    They only released 6 songs... :( Their EP, La Vache Qui Rit is amazing and newly available from Dischord records again for the first time in 18 years. It's kind of like Embrace/Rites of Spring, if you've heard them you'll know what to expect. Hardcore influenced but more poppy and anthemic.

4 of the songs are here to listen to but unfortunately the person that put them up has missed the best song on it, Snakeout :o Even so, That Time of Year is great.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=98907484

Thanks I'll take a listen after this GnR thing has finished.:)

I'm liking it, thanks, reminds me of a lesser produced Husker Du, great stuff.:)