STP tickets are 60 bucks

2»

Comments

• lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 618
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    yea you'd hate to see a venue fool of people who can afford to be there :rolleyes:most americans have bettered themselves in 6 years. might want to look internally if you havent. Apparently you think that in the music industry, prices have remained exactly the same. i'd like to live in your fantasy world too.

Your economic theories are delusional at best. You think most Americans wages have doubled in the last 6 years? Maybe your one of the lucky few who haven't been effected by the decaying economy. Good for you! But most of us are just trying to survive this mess. American wages have been growing at their slowest rate EVER! Yet concert prices have essentially doubled? In the end $60 to see STP isn't that bad a deal if your a big fan. I've seen prices for lesser bands that are double that. But if you think these venues will be anywhere near full your kidding yourself.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • For a reunion tour for a band of this level (in a day and age when quality rock acts are hard to find), the price is reasonable to the market. I am very curious to see if Scott makes it to the end of the tour and then through the recording of their new album.
    Raleigh '03; Hartford '08; Mansfield II '08; Buffalo '10; Hartford '10;
    East Troy I '11; East Troy II '11; DeLuna Fest '12; Wrigley '13; Buffalo '13;
    Toronto II '16; Wrigley I '16; Wrigley II '16; Wrigley I '18; Wrigley II '18;
    Asbury Park '21; MSG '22; Camden '22
  • lastexit78 wrote:
    Your economic theories are delusional at best. You think most Americans wages have doubled in the last 6 years? Maybe your one of the lucky few who haven't been effected by the decaying economy. Good for you! But most of us are just trying to survive this mess. American wages have been growing at their slowest rate EVER! Yet concert prices have essentially doubled? In the end $60 to see STP isn't that bad a deal if your a big fan. I've seen prices for lesser bands that are double that. But if you think these venues will be anywhere near full your kidding yourself.

I direct this to everyone bithching.
    The way we are survivng this mess, is to conserve.

It depened on your age, if you are under 21 you may not have 60 bucks. But after 30 it shouldnt seem like much. Christ, I think 60 is cheap for a good night out.
    The point I take is progress is evident once you get moving, its impossible not to think that way. If you are in a bad situation , which is understandable, becasue we all do, than dont go. Its not like stp is a necesity.
    Why even get all worked up about it. If you are gonna let the ticket price bother you, just forget about the show. You were probabaly happier before you heard the news.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • I direct this to everyone bithching.
    The way we are survivng this mess, is to conserve.

It depened on your age, if you are under 21 you may not have 60 bucks. But after 30 it shouldnt seem like much. Christ, I think 60 is cheap for a good night out.
    The point I take is progress is evident once you get moving, its impossible not to think that way. If you are in a bad situation , which is understandable, becasue we all do, than dont go. Its not like stp is a necesity.
    Why even get all worked up about it. If you are gonna let the ticket price bother you, just forget about the show. You were probabaly happier before you heard the news.

Bravo, well put well put.
  • NOCODE#1 wrote:
    wow you dont know alot about how the economy works do you?

explain to me how bands are capable of touring the same venues and charging 20 dollars, while STP is charging 60.

kthanx.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • NOCODE#1 wrote:
    :rolleyes:most americans have bettered themselves in 6 years. might want to look internally if you havent.

what a dick fucking comment.

you're a fucking asshole dude.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    BEFORE service charges

Are you fucking kidding me?

What the fuck have they done in the last 6 years that they think it's ok to DOUBLE their ticket prices?

They were playing House of Blues sized venues for 30 dollars before.

So....what? Army of Anyone bombs, and Velvet Revolver bombs, and suddenly they're worth double? how the fuck do you figure that? idiots.

i've seen them 5 times, and never once has their 90 minute show been worth 60 dollars.

30, yes.

60, no.

They better be playing a 3 hour set for that price.

Just get lawn seats, they should be around $20-$25
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • explain to me how bands are capable of touring the same venues and charging 20 dollars, while STP is charging 60.

kthanx.

do you really need to ask this, I guess so.

Enlighten me on who plays for 20. Casue its 20 to see local bands at the local bars in philly.

no more shows
  • Bravo, well put well put.

Thank you. Common sense needs to be applied sometimes, it seems becasue everyhting in here revolves around Pearl Jam there are double standards on common sense.

no more shows
  • allornoneallornone Posts: 269
    Enlighten me on who plays for 20. Casue its 20 to see local bands at the local bars in philly.

Here's some recent prices I paid for tickets in 2007 and first part of 2008:

Band of Horses - $12
    The Walkmen w/ White Rabbits - $14
    Robert Randoplh - saw him twice last year. The first show was a FREE show; second one was $20 flat
    Incubus - $20
    The Decemberists - $20
    Pete Yorn - Free

Here's a few more for $25:

Gov't Mule - $25
    Nickel Creek - $25
    Ryan Adams - $25
    They Might Be Giants - $22
    Interpol - $25
  • allornone wrote:

Band of Horses - $12
    Robert Randoplh - saw him twice last year. The first show was a FREE show; second one was $20 flat
    Incubus - $20
    The Decemberists - $20
    Pete Yorn - Free

Gov't Mule - $25
    Nickel Creek - $25
    Ryan Adams - $25
    Interpol - $25

Every band here is more underground than stp, they have to use radio they are on a higher level. Now my incubus tickets were 80, so you got lucky there, and pete yorn for free is a steal, but you have to admit those 2 circumstances are not standard.I am not sying those bands are not better or worse than stp but they are completeley differant.

no more shows
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    allornone wrote:

Band of Horses - $12
    Incubus - $20
    The Decemberists - $20
    Pete Yorn - Free

Gov't Mule - $25
    Nickel Creek - $25
    Ryan Adams - $25
    Interpol - $25
    I might pay $25 dollars to see Nickel Creek......the rest...you can keep'em...you would be paying me $25 to sit through their set. You could probably add up all the albums sold by all of these acts, and STP would have still sold more albums.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.