New NIN! With Vocals.

2»

Comments

• lephtylephty Posts: 770
    Brain Of E wrote:
    So who is he talking about? Who's discipline/help does he need?

you know it's weird.. when i read the lyrics, it almost was like he was writing to the fans that think his intensity has wanned a bit.

but after reading it once or twice more, it does look like he is writing about some sort of addiction. not sure about the alcohol theory, i am thinking more like heroine. "I see you left a mark, up and down my skin".

maybe its just about addiction in general. it can probably be applied to an addiction to anything.

when he says he needs discipline, i think he is saying he needs someones help to get him out/through his situation. addicts are usually in a state of denial until someone really close to them confronts them and offers support.
  • Brain Of EBrain Of E Posts: 499
    it's probably about his battle with alcoholism. think this is a With Teeth outtake.

well, yea it sounds like he's asking someone for help from going back to drugs, but who is he asking? God? The discipline of religion?
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • I like it. Ready for more. Def. getting spoiled!!
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    check out the video for discipline-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1ZMKfFHU3U
  • mensanemensane Posts: 912
    i heart meathead
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Yeah and now go to nin.com to get the full flavor heheh. I guess he liked it too.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • hguz73hguz73 Posts: 245
    Just noticed about this new single today accidently. Already downed it and i have to say its good stuff.