Who Is Scott Stapp?

MattCameronKicksButtMattCameronKicksButt Posts: 4,317
edited June 2007 in Other Music
Why do I keep hearing his name linked with Pearl Jam? I've seriously never heard of him before! Never in a good light either. What has he got to do with Pearl Jam?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• deadmosquitodeadmosquito Posts: 729
    are you serious? he was the singer for the band creed. he's generally considered an asshat... completely unoriginal and tried to cash in on the "pearl jam sound." plus he's kinda an asshole.
  • lazygun_99lazygun_99 Posts: 73
    This should clear it up

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Creed
  • are you serious? he was the singer for the band creed. he's generally considered an asshat... completely unoriginal and tried to cash in on the "pearl jam sound." plus he's kinda an asshole.

Oh. He's from Creed. Nope, I didn't like them.

I WAS serious! Ooops!
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    ...he is evil...much worse then Manson, Hitler or Chris DeBurgh!!! Stay clear and hide your children.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • lazygun_99 wrote:
    This should clear it up

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Creed

That's bloody funny. Thanks.
  • sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
    The title of this thread fills my heart with glee...

Oh and this is pretty funny too:

http://www.stereogum.com/archives/scott-stapp-gets-punkd-by-livejournaller-at-dennys.html
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • The title of this thread fills my heart with glee...

Oh and this is pretty funny too:

http://www.stereogum.com/archives/scott-stapp-gets-punkd-by-livejournaller-at-dennys.html

So who the hell buy's their records? No one likes them, especially the singer and they don't even sound like Pearl Jam.

'The title of this thread fills my heart with glee' - I wasn't joking! It sounds funny now, when I have read about him.
  • sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
    So who the hell buy's their records? No one likes them, especially the singer and they don't even sound like Pearl Jam.

'The title of this thread fills my heart with glee' - I wasn't joking! It sounds funny now, when I have read about him.

I worked in a record store between 1999-2002... pretty much Creed's golden era... we shifted a lot of Creed records, unbelievable amounts. Who bought them?

90% of them were Country music fans, soccer mom's, 12 year olds, religious types, rednecks, people that buy "Now" records, etc. Essentially people that were not serious rock music fans.

And yeah a lot of other people too, people who bought good music, sometimes did indeed buy Creed music, but the reason they sold 30 million records or whatever, is because of that list above. If you subtract that list above, Creed sells less than a million records each time out.

The most unique thing about Creed, is that no one ever cared enough to know the names of the songs or the records, I never got any sermons on how cool they were (like I did with other bands), no really cared, they just bought the damn things.

And what do these people listen to now? Not Creed.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • I worked in a record store between 1999-2002... pretty much Creed's golden era... we shifted a lot of Creed records, unbelievable amounts. Who bought them?

90% of them were Country music fans, soccer mom's, 12 year olds, religious types, rednecks, people that buy "Now" records, etc. Essentially people that were not serious rock music fans.

And yeah a lot of other people too, people who bought good music, sometimes did indeed buy Creed music, but the reason they sold 30 million records or whatever, is because of that list above. If you subtract that list above, Creed sells less than a million records each time out.

The most unique thing about Creed, is that no one ever cared enough to know the names of the songs or the records, I never got any sermons on how cool they were (like I did with other bands), no really cared, they just bought the damn things.

And what do these people listen to now? Not Creed.

Interesting, thanks.
    'The most unique thing about creed, is that no one really cared about the names of the songs or the records' was pretty funny, although I have been a Pearl Jam fan for 14 years now, I still don't know the names of all of their songs. I just love their music with a passion.
  • deadnotedeadnote Posts: 1,678
    good singer tough to find that ground of sound
    set your laughter free

dreamer in my dream

we got the guns

i love you,but im..............callin out.........callin out
  • Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    I read this thread last night before i went bed and i ended up dreaming about Him,Before anyone say's it,it was nothing dodgy :)
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Peter C wrote:
    I read this thread last night before i went bed and i ended up dreaming about Him,Before anyone say's it,it was nothing dodgy :)

dreams about Him are always dodgy. ;):D:p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    mole1985 wrote:
    ...he is evil...much worse then Manson, Hitler or Chris DeBurgh!!! Stay clear and hide your children.

Chris DeBurgh is da bomb.......sometimes.
    seriously he wrote some amazing tunes - don't pay the ferryman!!!!!
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    glasshouse wrote:
    Chris DeBurgh is da bomb.......sometimes.
    seriously he wrote some amazing tunes - don't pay the ferryman!!!!!
    I can't decide if you're serious or not...
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    Oh. He's from Creed. Nope, I didn't like them.

I WAS serious! Ooops!
    There is no fault in not knowing who he is. In fact, you should be busting our chops for knowing who he is.
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    I worked in a record store between 1999-2002... pretty much Creed's golden era... we shifted a lot of Creed records, unbelievable amounts. Who bought them?

Funny! And what do these people listen to now? American Idol contestants! Seriously, there is that wholesome, pseudo-religious demographic element that just loves them some Creed and Clay Aiken. Or really any of the female contestants that put out records except for the black girl. She's too black, you know.
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    scott stapp sucks, but creed has some decent songs and their musicians plays well too, listen alter bridge...

pj it´s in this page too
    http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Pearl_Jam
  • tonadax wrote:
    scott stapp sucks, but creed has some decent songs and their musicians plays well too, listen alter bridge...

pj it´s in this page too
    http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Pearl_Jam

Thanks. I was determined not to laugh at that but it was so ridiculous, I couldn't help myself. Who writes this stuff?
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    Why do I keep hearing his name linked with Pearl Jam? I've seriously never heard of him before! Never in a good light either. What has he got to do with Pearl Jam?

He is a LEGEND.......search out the video with him and Kid Rock in the tour bus......talk about multi tasking!!!.....and as always as Scott so eloquently put it "It is good to be king"
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    He is only the most relevant musician of all time.

His lyrics better than Bob Dylan.
    His vocal range better than Aretha Franklin.
    Stage presence better than Michael Jackson.
    And the staying power of the Rolling Stones.

Sarcastic much?

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA