How low will you go?????

tofatofa Posts: 51
edited July 2007 in Other Music
What is the dodgiest song that you have a bit of a soft spot for? It has be by a band that are probably not cool to like.

Mine would have to be Love Machine by Girls Aloud - I know, I know, totally dodgy, but its just so catchy!!!!
Wembley 07
"You'll never walk alone"
***** LFC
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Wanted Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • tofatofa Posts: 51
    That's not dodgy, I love that one aswell!!
    Wembley 07
    "You'll never walk alone"
    ***** LFC
  • KannKann Posts: 1,146
    confide in me by kylie minogue (and bon jovi is dodgy)
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    .... anything by Death Cab for Cutie ... I think Ben Gibbard and Chris Walla) write amazingly beautiful music. seriously.

Actually, their last album Plans was a huge let down. But Transatlanticism is simply brilliant from beginning to end. Thier earlier albums (more notably, "We Have the Facts ...") are also fantastic.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • prodacakeprodacake Posts: 319
    tofa wrote:
    What is the dodgiest song that you have a bit of a soft spot for? It has be by a band that are probably not cool to like.

Mine would have to be Love Machine by Girls Aloud - I know, I know, totally dodgy, but its just so catchy!!!!

i here you with this one its a great tune
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    tofa wrote:

"dodgy"?
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • um "Higher Love" Steve Winwood.

embarrassing but I dunno...I love that stupid song. :o
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Don't Stop Believin' by Journey
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    wicked game- chris issak

only song of his i like

I also like Jouney's don't stop belivin too :) great song to sing drunk as hell at the top of your lungs
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    ummm.. I've got a soft spot for quite a few Hanson songs. :o but only the older ones (you know, from MMMbop times.)

also Lionel Richie.. but I don't know how 'dodgy' his rating is. :p
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Yes!! Mm-bopp makes me smile !!! ha ha
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Venus - Banannarama

There, I said it.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    jimed14 wrote:
    .... anything by Death Cab for Cutie ... I think Ben Gibbard and Chris Walla) write amazingly beautiful music. seriously.

Actually, their last album Plans was a huge let down. But Transatlanticism is simply brilliant from beginning to end. Thier earlier albums (more notably, "We Have the Facts ...") are also fantastic.
    you're embarrassed by liking death cab??! man these guys are magic, i wear my death cab heart on my sleeve, def one of my fav bands despite all that OC nonsense.

as for guilty listen....i pretty much like anything the sugababes have done....
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    itsevobaby wrote:
    you're embarrassed by liking death cab??! man these guys are magic, i wear my death cab heart on my sleeve, def one of my fav bands despite all that OC nonsense.

as for guilty listen....i pretty much like anything the sugababes have done....

sugarcubes have major indie cred ... hmm, let's try again ...

ok ... how about if I told you I own and love Dokken's 'best of' disc?
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    Grace - Jeff Buckley
  • Schoki wrote:
    Grace - Jeff Buckley

:eek:

Jeff Buckley is...dodgy???

:eek:
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Schoki wrote:
    Grace - Jeff Buckley

Jeff Buckley is NOT dodgy.

I guess mine would be 'Whatever' by (gulp) Oasis.
    Actually, I like 'Lets Hear It for The Boy' - Denise Williams, aswell. Haha!

Jeff Buckley is great and the song, although a hit, 'Grace' is amazing.
    jimed14 wrote:
    sugarcubes have major indie cred ... hmm, let's try again ...

ok ... how about if I told you I own and love Dokken's 'best of' disc?
    um i actually said sugababes...not err sugacubes...slightly less street cred there...
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • itsevobaby wrote:
    um i actually said sugababes...not err sugacubes...slightly less street cred there...

:D ahhh, bless. You're right. There's a big difference. (I didn't mind the Sugababes when they were new and sort of dirty).
    :D ahhh, bless. You're right. There's a big difference. (I didn't mind the Sugababes when they were new and sort of dirty).
    haha totally! freak like me!! ...Oooo you dirrrty lil kittens

oh & on a tangent...rock me amadeus...pure gold, they don't write shit like that anymore :D
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • itsevobaby wrote:
    haha totally! freak like me!! ...Oooo you dirrrty lil kittens

oh & on a tangent...rock me amadeus...pure gold, they don't write shit like that anymore :D

P.S. I'm a girl. I just thought they were cool when they first started and that they would be different but...

Rock Me Amadeus really is uncool! :)

Hey Mickey! - Toni Basil. (I have lots of them) :o
  • zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    Dancing on the Ceiling - Lionel Richie
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    i actually like "home" by daughtry. . .although as much as its played that could change soon
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    Michael Jackson - Thriller
    NERDS!
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Lizard wrote:
    Yes!! Mm-bopp makes me smile !!! ha ha

ah yes. :D makes me think about the days when I was still young-er. :p
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • 'I'm not OK' by My Chemical Romance.

Anything by Bryan Adams.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • roarroar Posts: 1,116
    Michael Jackson - Thriller

We performed the zombie dance from the Thriller video in high school. I can teach you every 8 count. :)
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    I like half of the songs from Daughtry's album.
  • SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    Nelly Furtado - Powerless
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Man, there are a whole lot of dodgy songs I like, by the average Pearl Jam fan standards.

I'd say a big one is Mariah Carey. I haven't listened to her cd's for several years now, but if I hear a song of hers on the radio, especially from the first few albums, that dial ain't movin'. :)