Options

Hard Sun....cover?

faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
edited December 2007 in The Porch
Is Hard Sun a cover or was it just written by the Gordon guy for the film?

Thanks
Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    some Canadian singer wrote it....it was supposedly a small hit up there in the 80's.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    the barenaked ladies wrote it.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    we canadians way up here...we remember a guy called gordon peterson in a band called indio who wrote the song for an album called big harvest in a year called 1989.
    angels dance on a pin head, just to make room for you and i....
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    daryl jam wrote:
    we canadians way up here...we remember a guy called gordon peterson in a band called indio who wrote the song for an album called big harvest in a year called 1989.
    That's all I was looking for. thanks.
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    daryl jam wrote:

its lonely up here, isnt it?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    its lonely up here, isnt it?

I would imagine so!
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    some Canadian singer wrote it....it was supposedly a small hit up there in the 80's.

It was a bit more than a small hit way up here - it received massive airplay on the radio and on MuchMusic (our version of MTV)...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Ed changed a few of the lyrics - to make it his own I suppose...but the original is just the most special song to me because of where I was at that time in my life...I used to have the single...and I don't know what happened to it.

"When I stayed to pillage her..."
    became
    "When I see her (bitter) charm.."

and

"Burned down and threw away the hours..."
    is
    "Bound down and threw away the hours..."

But that's OK...I like both versions immensely, but the original is just a bit more special to me... or maybe they belong in the "Completely Misheard Lyrics" thread? ;)
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb5KXozi_HM
    I just saw this one had been posted. I was looking for the one live version and couldn't find it. :(
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."