Collective Soul

sethster27sethster27 Posts: 8
edited August 2007 in Other Music
Collective Soul is having a new album release August 28th called Afterwords, have you guys heard of it? i've been really into their music lately and i can't wait to buy this new cd. i saw on their myspace page that they are only sold at target or itunes, but i already downloaded their song "hollywood" on itunes. i listen to a lot of alternative rock music at work (umg) and this will definitely add to my collection. anyways, just wanted to spread the word, their myspace page is pretty cool if you want to check them out...

http://www.myspace.com/collectivesoul
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thats funny you mention Collective Soul cuz i was going though some of my old school cd's last night and taking a walk down memory lane and i couldn't believe that i still have that one cd with the red background and the weird looking character on it. i busted it out and man it brought back some high school memories
    9/16/96, 7/18/98, 11/02/00, 08/4/01, 12/08/02, 4/13/03, 10/22/03, 9/24/04, 3/18/05, 9/01/05, 9/02/05, 7/06/06, 7/07/06, 7/09/06, 7/10/06, 7/20/06
    7/22/06, 7/23/06, 04/07/07, 8/3/07
  • cool, iv been listenin to a bit of collective soul lately, i hate this download only stuff cause iv got shit internet,apparently people in the country in ireland dont need broadband
  • thats funny you mention Collective Soul cuz i was going though some of my old school cd's last night and taking a walk down memory lane and i couldn't believe that i still have that one cd with the red background and the weird looking character on it. i busted it out and man it brought back some high school memories

oh yeah, the "Hints, Allegations, and things left unsaid" album? haha weird cover i must say
  • cool, iv been listenin to a bit of collective soul lately, i hate this download only stuff cause iv got shit internet,apparently people in the country in ireland dont need broadband

i know! what ever happened to a physical product? and my internet is dwindling too, i hope you like the album thou
  • 1-the song hollywood is very dissappointing, in fact I hate it
    2-thats rather retarded move, selling the new (physical) album only in target. collective soul isn't going to bring too much bussiness into target and the people who don't shop their for cd's aren't going to know about it unless they see the website.
    3-I still can't wait to see them on sunday!

I love that feeling when you go back through your old stuff and get all nostalgic. Just awesome...

That's rough on the slow internet.
  • 1-the song hollywood is very dissappointing, in fact I hate it
    2-thats rather retarded move, selling the new (physical) album only in target. collective soul isn't going to bring too much bussiness into target and the people who don't shop their for cd's aren't going to know about it unless they see the website.
    3-I still can't wait to see them on sunday!

Yea...I was rather shocked when I had heard about the Target and iTunes thing.
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    I could see them putting their album only in Best Buy or only record stores but Target? I'm sorry, but who buys music at Target? (Unless you were like me and got all the different versions of the Smashing Pumpkins' new album ;) )
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    they played a show at my local BW3's a couple years ago. That is the definition of "falling off" I don't think they are that bad though, I listened to a song of theirs last night off of Dosage
  • thunderDAN wrote:
    they played a show at my local BW3's a couple years ago. That is the definition of "falling off" I don't think they are that bad though, I listened to a song of theirs last night off of Dosage

Dosage is a pretty good album, the newest Youth is my fav so far.
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    sethster27 wrote:
    Dosage is a pretty good album, the newest Youth is my fav so far.

I used to listen to that album (dosage) day and night when I was in High School. I listened to that album alot after my friend died when I was in high school (not for any reason other than it was what was in my car's CD player that month), and never listened to it again becuase it reminded me of times I didn't care to relive. Last night was the first time I heard a song off that album in years, and it felt like it was the year 2000 all over again. It's crazy how music can do that.
  • thunderDAN wrote:
    I used to listen to that album (dosage) day and night when I was in High School. I listened to that album alot after my friend died when I was in high school (not for any reason other than it was what was in my car's CD player that month), and never listened to it again becuase it reminded me of times I didn't care to relive. Last night was the first time I heard a song off that album in years, and it felt like it was the year 2000 all over again. It's crazy how music can do that.

i'm sorry about you're friend's death thunderDAN, that's rough. music has a big affect on people, memories and feelings are entwined with a certain song and so forth, whether good or bad. music is two sided that way.
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    Dosage is THE best CS album
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • did anyone get the new album today? i went to the target here and it was nowhere to be found... some promotion that turned out to be. you're the only place the album is physically available and you can't even carry ONE copy of the record? L-A-M-E...
  • Don't be put off by the "poppiness" of that "Hollywood" song—their new album is their most mature yet.

They peaked with their 1995 self-titled disc (my favorite) but they've still put out quality music since then (even after replacing two band members). They haven't embarrassed themselves like certain other artists from that era either (Live I'm looking in your direction). Okay the cover art for "Youth" was horrible but there are some good songs on there.
    So this life is sacrifice...
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
  • Don't be put off by the "poppiness" of that "Hollywood" song—their new album is their most mature yet.

They peaked with their 1995 self-titled disc (my favorite) but they've still put out quality music since then (even after replacing two band members). They haven't embarrassed themselves like certain other artists from that era either (Live I'm looking in your direction). Okay the cover art for "Youth" was horrible but there are some good songs on there.

i take it you were able to locate the album at your local target? i am still pissed.
  • i take it you were able to locate the album at your local target? i am still pissed.

Yup. I live in the Twin Cities area. The Target I went to had about 3 copies on the shelf.
    So this life is sacrifice...
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
  • Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    Kinda off-topic, but does anyone remember the live performance of "Where The River Flows" from Letterman, back in '95 or '96? It was on youtube last Winter/this Spring, and it was such an awesome performance, but the vid was taken down and hasn't been re-uploaded since. I'd really, really appreciate it if someone could uh, point me in the right direction to finding it, if you know what I mean. And I haven't seen it on, eluMe and eriwemiL and other such networks, if you know what I'm saying.

As for the new album: It sounds almost nothing like the CS I'm used to hearing, but still pretty good. Different, but good.