there's treasure children always seek to find
and just like us
you must have had
a once upon a time

i love this tune
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rockpantsrockpants Posts: 838
    He is a bit of a nutter, but he doesn't write the lyrics. Bernie Taupin does.:)
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    rockpants wrote:

ahhh... you got in before me

Elton John just writes flower orders :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    Elton John does not write lyrics, however his melodies are among the finest I've ever heard.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    he's 60 and still rocks out in concert... i've seen him a handful of times..
    killer shows... you get your money's worth.
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • yellowbirdyellowbird Posts: 184
    rockpants wrote:

actually, i believe this songs lyrics are credited to both john and taupin
  • hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    NYbenben wrote:
    he's 60 and still rocks out in concert... i've seen him a handful of times..
    killer shows... you get your money's worth.
    I saw him once in the 80s, and I have to agree. I liked a lot of his early stuff, but by the time I saw him he was already writing easy-listening pop fluff, which I hated. I went to the concert with a friend who was a big fan ... I really didn't want to go, I thought I was making a huge sacrifice. Big surprise for me when the show absolutely rocked! Definitely got my money's worth and more.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963