2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    I've seen them a few times and wouldn't miss them! Unfortunately they don't have anything scheduled for the west coast. They were going to play in a bigger tour that is hitting Seattle on July 7, but pulled out of that to do a headlining tour. Instead they hooked up with Saliva, who just played Seattle, so we won't be part of this one. Bummer!

BTW, the new album kicks ass!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    Will Clint be joining 7D for this tour or will Sonny be with them for one last tour?
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Odin wrote:
    Will Clint be joining 7D for this tour or will Sonny be with them for one last tour?
    I've heard that Clint will be back on this tour
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
  • surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    I am hoping for some dates over here, fingers crossed.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
    LukinFan wrote:
    I've heard that Clint will be back on this tour

That would be interesting to see. 7d's on-stage chemistry seemed great with Sonny. Clint, as talented as he is, has some big shoes to fill after leaving the band a few years ago.

I'm tempted to drive down to see their show in Allentown on 4/18. Wish they had a better supporting act. Saliva sucks hard. I wish Sevendust were touring with Drowning Pool & Egypt Central instead.
    Odin wrote:
    That would be interesting to see. 7d's on-stage chemistry seemed great with Sonny. Clint, as talented as he is, has some big shoes to fill after leaving the band a few years ago.

I'm tempted to drive down to see their show in Allentown on 4/18. Wish they had a better supporting act. Saliva sucks hard. I wish Sevendust were touring with Drowning Pool & Egypt Central instead.
    it's funny that you said that. I just bought tickets to see Nonpoint this Friday night- and they are touring with Drowning Pool and Egypt Central- I can't wait! And Saliva is coming here on Sunday- but for some reason 7Dust isn't coming with them. I've actually seen Saliva (and 7dust) MANY times and have met both bands too. Saliva is actually a pretty damn good live band- and love to freakin party. But that being said, I rather go see Sevendust then Saliva.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan wrote:
    it's funny that you said that. I just bought tickets to see Nonpoint this Friday night- and they are touring with Drowning Pool and Egypt Central- I can't wait! And Saliva is coming here on Sunday- but for some reason 7Dust isn't coming with them. I've actually seen Saliva (and 7dust) MANY times and have met both bands too. Saliva is actually a pretty damn good live band- and love to freakin party. But that being said, I rather go see Sevendust then Saliva.

Nonpoint's on that tour as well? Shit, I wasn't even aware of that. They fucking rocked the house down when I saw them open for Sevendust in like '04. Looks like I'll be going to Atlantic City on the 17th before swinging east to catch Sevendust's show in Allentown on the 18th (bought tickets today... 20 bucks... not bad!) As for Saliva, hopefully I'll be too wasted during their set to realize how much they suck.
    Odin wrote:
    Nonpoint's on that tour as well? Shit, I wasn't even aware of that. They fucking rocked the house down when I saw them open for Sevendust in like '04. Looks like I'll be going to Atlantic City on the 17th before swinging east to catch Sevendust's show in Allentown on the 18th (bought tickets today... 20 bucks... not bad!) As for Saliva, hopefully I'll be too wasted during their set to realize how much they suck.

Yeah, some how Nonpoint is opening for DP- I just don't get it.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan wrote:
    Yeah, some how Nonpoint is opening for DP- I just don't get it.

With all due respect to Nonpoint, Drowning Pool was a more popular band before their original lead singer died. And even now, they have a decent following. It'll be interesting to see which band puts on a better show when I see them in Atlantic City. Drowning Pool puts on a very energetic show that rivals Sevendust's. I'm not even the biggest fan of DP's music, but they are one of the best bands live. Last time I saw them, they covered a few Pantera songs at the end of their set and rocked the hell out of them.

Imagine how live a Sevendust/Drowning Pool/Nonpoint/Egypt Central tour would've been.
    Odin wrote:

Imagine how live a Sevendust/Drowning Pool/Nonpoint/Egypt Central tour would've been.

Wow! Now, that's a show.

I understand what you're saying about DP when Dave was alive, but now, I'm not so sure. Maybe I'm just a bigger Nonpoint show. I've seen them a handful of times and they've always put on one hell of a show- I would compare them to Sevendust- great music, lots of energy, and willing to do anything for their fans.

I also just read online tonight that the show this Friday is sold out- very cool!

I have also seen DP two times before- one for each singer, so this will make it three with the new singer- which also rocks- he's from Soil. I am a little upset that Soil id no longer- also a great live band
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

Odin wrote:
    With all due respect to Nonpoint, Drowning Pool was a more popular band before their original lead singer died. And even now, they have a decent following. It'll be interesting to see which band puts on a better show when I see them in Atlantic City. Drowning Pool puts on a very energetic show that rivals Sevendust's. I'm not even the biggest fan of DP's music, but they are one of the best bands live. Last time I saw them, they covered a few Pantera songs at the end of their set and rocked the hell out of them.

Maybe it's because it was a Florida show- but about 1/4 of the crowd cleared out after Nonpoint left the stage. Nonpoint didn't get to play their regular length set because they weren't the headliners, but they still rocked!

I even met Nonpoint's drummer (Rob Rivieria) after the show- took a picture with him and he even brought my show poster up on their tour bus for the entire band to sign. If this tour is coming to your town- check it out!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

All of those bands are very high-energy, which is why I've made plans for the Atlantic City show. How were Egypt Central? I had tickets to see them play at UMBC's Springfest last year, but plans fell through. That was the concert where the lead singer got injured on stage.

Drowning Pool's lead singer is a very cool guy. Got to speak with him briefly before one of their shows last summer. Dude is mad short, though. I appeared to be a giant standing next to him, lol.

By any chance, do you post on the Fieldofsolitude.com forums? My username over there is "SkeletonSongwriter" ......I'm about to post about the Toronto '05 Pearl Jam concert on one of the topics.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I wonder if they'll be hitting the HOB in AC ?

Saw them there last time.....not a bad venue
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    I wonder if they'll be hitting the HOB in AC ?

Saw them there last time.....not a bad venue

Doesn't look like they'll be hitting HOB this time around. But if it's any consolation, the Drowning Pool/Nonpoint/Egypt Central tour will be playing there next Thursday. I'll be there. Anyone else going to that show?
    Odin wrote:
    All of those bands are very high-energy, which is why I've made plans for the Atlantic City show. How were Egypt Central? I had tickets to see them play at UMBC's Springfest last year, but plans fell through. That was the concert where the lead singer got injured on stage.

Drowning Pool's lead singer is a very cool guy. Got to speak with him briefly before one of their shows last summer. Dude is mad short, though. I appeared to be a giant standing next to him, lol.

By any chance, do you post on the Fieldofsolitude.com forums? My username over there is "SkeletonSongwriter" ......I'm about to post about the Toronto '05 Pearl Jam concert on one of the topics.
    Egypt Central was great- they play here all the time- well, at least 2 or 3 times a year it seems like.
    I've also met DP lead singer- but when he was in Soil. I could had gone up to him after the show- the entire band was just chillin outside the venue talking to fans, taking pics, signing, etc... but I was waiting for someone to come off the nonpoint tour bus- I'm glad that I waited :D

Let me know how the show is next week.

Oh, and yes- the lead singer of DP/Soil is VERY short. I have a pic with him from a few years back and he looks like he's sitting in a chair and I'm standing- but he's not!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com