Options

Alice in Chains- Acoustic Tour

LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,015
edited September 2007 in Other Music
Has anyone seen AIC on their small venue, acoustic tour this year? They sent out an email earlier this afternoon with a list of the cities and then they recently sent out a new email saying that the shows weren't confirmed yet. We all know that they will be confirmed, and I was trying to decide if I want to travel 4 hours to see this show.

Here's the tour. Tickets were supposed to go on sale next week.

SHOW DATE CITY VENUE
Oct 11 Orlando, FL House of Blues
Oct 12 Jacksonville, FL Plush
Oct 13 Myrtle Beach, SC House of Blues
Oct 15 Norfolk, VA The NorVa
Oct 16 Asheville, NC Thomas Wolfe Aud.
Oct 17 Nashville, TN Ryman Aud.
Oct 19 Tulsa, OK Cain's Ballroom
Oct 20 Columbia, MO The Bluenote
Oct 21 Kansas City, MO Uptown Theater
Oct 23 Denver, CO Ogden Theatre
Oct 25 Las Vegas, NV The Joint
www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
1998: Birmingham
2000: Charlotte, Tampa
2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
2004: Kissimmee
2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
2010: MSG2
2012: Music Midtown
2014: Memphis
2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
2022: Nashville
2023: Ft. Worth II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    Hopefully this will be even better...... The Gorge show this year was kind of a letdown......

Alice Returning to Seattle on November 2
    Alice in Chains have been named as one of the headlining acts at this year's Symphony Legacy. This annual charity event that raises funds for Seattle's Children's Hospital & Regional Medical Center will take place on Friday, November 2 at Seattle's beautiful Benaroya Hall. It promises to be an amazing night with performances from Heart, the Northwest Symphony Orchestra, the Northwest Girlchoir and more.

Tickets for this unique event, which will have Alice in Chains being backed by over 200 musicians, can be purchased over at BrownPaperTickets.com.
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    Does anyone know if they sell show posters on this tour at AIC shows?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    GR8Dane wrote:
    Hopefully this will be even better...... The Gorge show this year was kind of a letdown......

Alice in Chains have been named as one of the headlining acts at this year's Symphony Legacy. This annual charity event that raises funds for Seattle's Children's Hospital & Regional Medical Center will take place on Friday, November 2 at Seattle's beautiful Benaroya Hall. It promises to be an amazing night with performances from Heart, the Northwest Symphony Orchestra, the Northwest Girlchoir and more.

Tickets for this unique event, which will have Alice in Chains being backed by over 200 musicians, can be purchased over at BrownPaperTickets.com.

Sounds amazing. Are you going?
    NERDS!
  • Options
    wow, thanks. I'm gonna gun for that show at the Ryman...any show there is better just because its the Ryman!
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    I saw them at the Rave in Milwaukee at the end of August doing an acoustic show. It was really good. I had never seen a full acoustic show before, and I definitely enjoyed this. It did make me want to see AIC non-acoustic though (because they sounded great)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,855
    Sounds cool, but in my book 'without layne, it's no chain' :)
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,256
    evenflow82 wrote:

Understood, but i say fair play to those guys for playing those songs again. Duvall is a good singer in his own right, and Cantrell wrote most of the songs anyway. Its a good tribute to Layne to let people hear those songs again
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    Got my ticket for the Jacksonville show. It's being advertised as an "Acoustic Hour." Hopefully it's longer than an hour, that ticket wasn't exactly cheap. Still it's cheaper than trying to get one on ebay or stubhub once it sells out.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • Options
    evenflow82 wrote:
    i hear you but i saw them and they were fucking amazing. duvall is a great singer and the band is the same. go pay tribute to a fallen hero.
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    saw them last november in wichita..........great show.

the singer is impressive.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    GR8Dane wrote:

I'm going to this one! Center section, 5th row! Should be cool.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    ajedigecko wrote:
    saw them last november in wichita..........great show.

the singer is impressive.
    hey, im just a few minutes north on the interstate and was at this show. pretty awesome from what i can remember. Its sad this was the last show I saw in Wichita, they have a pathetic music scene.
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I agree, the singer is a bit of a prettyboy but he's really good and brings really good emotion to the songs. I wouldn't drive four hours to see an acoustic show of theirs, but their plugged-in show is great, even with Duvall.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    posters- anyone?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com