Favorite NWA Member?

LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
edited July 2008 in Other Music
Release 30's NWA thread made me think about this, and I think my favorite member of the crew is Ice Cube. Sure Dre and Eazy had good solo careers, but Cube by far has the strongest solo rap albums.

- AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted

- Kill at Will

- Death Certificate

- Lethal Injection

- The Predator

All damn good albums
www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
1998: Birmingham
2000: Charlotte, Tampa
2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
2004: Kissimmee
2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
2010: MSG2
2012: Music Midtown
2014: Memphis
2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
2022: Nashville
2023: Ft. Worth II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Cube. Because it's Friday. You aint got no job, and you aint got shit to do.
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    Dre. Have you not heard any of Dr Dre's solo albums?
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    I'll throw out props to Yella, cause that fool ain't getting no love, Shit, even his own mama voted for Dre
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    Eazy E
  • Snoop Dogg
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 703
    ice cube
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • eazy-e
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    Snoop Dogg

Snoop was not in NWA

I feel Dre was the best rapper, writer, producer, and all around talent of the group, so he would get my vote. Ice Cube would be second, but a far distant second.
  • DPrival78DPrival78 Posts: 2,263
    i second mc ren.
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • MLC2006 wrote:
    Snoop was not in NWA

'fraid so.

They got back together to do a new album, and snoop stood in for Easy.

It got tangled in legal stuff though, and only 2 songs were ever released.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    MLC2006 wrote:
    Snoop was not in NWA

I feel Dre was the best rapper, writer, producer, and all around talent of the group, so he would get my vote. Ice Cube would be second, but a far distant second.
    Best rapper? :eek: hah. Dre has one of the weakest flows in all of hip-hop. Revolutionary production? Yes. Mic skills? Not so much.

Cube by a mile. I would say Eazy-E but his voice was kind of annoying. Ren was like Cube-lite.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,854
    It's a little known fact that NWA didn't actually write their own lyrics. if you look at the albums' liner notes, you'll find that the lyrics aren't written by any of the group's MCs.

The real lyricist:

http://www.moviecritic.com.au/userimages/user624_1168917590.jpg
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    It's a little known fact that NWA didn't actually write their own lyrics. if you look at the albums' liner notes, you'll find that the lyrics aren't written by any of the group's MCs.

The real lyricist:

http://www.moviecritic.com.au/userimages/user624_1168917590.jpg
    :D Ice <3

Nah, a lesser known but criminally overlooked rapper, the D.O.C, ghostwrote a lot of Dre and Eazy E's lyrics but Ice Cube wrote most of the lyrics on Straight Outta Compton.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    DPrival78 wrote:
    i second mc ren.

Third...
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    'fraid so.

ummmmmmmmmmm....
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    'fraid so.

'fraid not. NWA was pretty much a group that Eazy E put together. if you mean he was in some kind of "tribute group" to NWA, ok. but none of the NWA albums have him on there, so he obviously wasn't a member.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,854
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    :D Ice <3

Nah, a lesser known but criminally overlooked rapper, the D.O.C, ghostwrote a lot of Dre and Eazy E's lyrics but Ice Cube wrote most of the lyrics on Straight Outta Compton.

Peace to da D.O.C.
    Still makin it funky enough
    And Death Row records is in full muthafuckin affizzect........
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    Ice Cube

And like others have mentioned, give props to the D.O. to the C.
    NERDS!
  • flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
    MC Hammer
  • Cube is the Lyricist so of course it's him.

his solo shit blows anything any of the rest ever did solo,including Dre!
  • fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    Ice Cube for sure.
  • They got back together to do a new album, and snoop stood in for Easy. It got tangled in legal stuff though, and only 2 songs were ever released.
    MLC2006 wrote:
    'fraid not. NWA was pretty much a group that Eazy E put together. if you mean he was in some kind of "tribute group" to NWA, ok. but none of the NWA albums have him on there, so he obviously wasn't a member.

Actually, Joe2 is sort of correct. Cube, Ren and Dre had patched things up and worked together on several songs starting in '94...in 2000, they planned to record again as a group and Snoop was to be included as a member of the group. They recorded 2 songs, one was on the Next Friday soundtrack and one was a Cube album. Both tracks also made it to a great hits compilation.

However, no fan in their right mind is going to include Snoop based on his appearance on two songs, neither of which were included on a legitimate NWA album. This is worse than considering Bob Rock a Metallica bassist, and he played on an entire album and many live shows. Gimme a break...

As far as my fav...Cube, of course. You can see why in detail in the other NWA thread if you want. Just a note about Eazy...once he was separated from Dre, he never found another producer that could keep his flow on beat. He was so off-beat on many of his solo releases that it's sometimes unlistenable.
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
  • Strangest TribeStrangest Tribe Posts: 2,502
    I like Big Ole Dumb Bastard

or Big eZ

or MC Chicken
    the Minions