Chris Cornell

marieluvspjmarieluvspj Posts: 4
edited May 2007 in Other Music
Hey everyone check out Chris Cornell's new Video "Arms Around Your Love" This song is amazing, Just copy and paste the AOL link below into your browser.
And don't forget to pick up Chris Cornell's new Album "Carry On" in stores JUNE 5.

http://music.aol.com/artist/chris-cornell/66582/main

Marie ;)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Bangers_n_mashBangers_n_mash Posts: 1,241
    Hi Chris!
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    why does everyone think Chris is the second coming of christ? i heard his new album and its nothing spectacular. Euphoria Morning was better, and thats still not saying much
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    oppie1 wrote:
    why does everyone think Chris is the second coming of christ? i heard his new album and its nothing spectacular. Euphoria Morning was better, and thats still not saying much

It's all about the voice dude, either you get it or you don't.
    It's all about the voice dude, either you get it or you don't.
    i was a HUGE SG fan...but his solo stuff is lacking bigtime.. its nothing special...
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• inthefleshintheflesh Posts: 170
    Let me start off by saying that Chris is the man, but that aside...that video was lame, and the song was pretty blah, I hope it's not a good representation for the rest of the album.
    was it?....
  • stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    All the people with 1 posts are posting here for his street team...there will be more of them coming im sure.
    oppie1 wrote:
    i was a HUGE SG fan...but his solo stuff is lacking bigtime.. its nothing special...

Ok the new one has left me a little bit "whatever"....BUT Euphoria Morning has plenty of amazing songs on it, my favourites being Follow My Way, Sweet Euphoria, When I'm down, Disappearing One, Steel Rain, Wave Goodbye and Pillow Of Your Bones. Oh and Sunshower and Seasons are among the best songs he's ever written.
  • porchdwellerporchdweller Posts: 228
    Can't wait to see him on Tuesday.
    "That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
    stpmattb wrote:
    All the people with 1 posts are posting here for his street team...there will be more of them coming im sure.

yeah I fully intended to get involved with the street team, especially since if you are involved you stand a chance of meeting him, but after I heard the album I knew I couldn't go around claiming Carry On is the best album everywhere, cause I just don't think it is.
    Ok the new one has left me a little bit "whatever"....BUT Euphoria Morning has plenty of amazing songs on it, my favourites being Follow My Way, Sweet Euphoria, When I'm down, Disappearing One, Steel Rain, Wave Goodbye and Pillow Of Your Bones. Oh and Sunshower and Seasons are among the best songs he's ever written.
    Sunshower was a phenomenal song...

i'm suprised you didnt mention my fav song off EM - Preaching the End of the World
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

oppie1 wrote:
    Sunshower was a phenomenal song...

i'm suprised you didnt mention my fav song off EM - Preaching the End of the World

D'oh - that is indeed a great song. Truth be told, I love that album, it came about when I really needed an album to totally immerse myself in, full of angst that I could relate to. That's probably why the new album doesn't speak to me as much, cause Cornell is a happy married man these days! He's still wicked live though.
  • nowayimfaithfullnowayimfaithfull Posts: 2,051
    D'oh - that is indeed a great song. Truth be told, I love that album, it came about when I really needed an album to totally immerse myself in, full of angst that I could relate to. That's probably why the new album doesn't speak to me as much, cause Cornell is a happy married man these days! He's still wicked live though.

flutter girl also carries the torch along with the greats of that album.

In general that album has the singing of course, but the guitar work is great.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • oppie1 wrote:
    stpmattb wrote:

Alright can we all agree that this new solo album is not that good? Chris has really sold out big time by trying to cross over with his shitty material which hearkens the likes of a goo goo dolls or the fray, his half witted street team, and those douchey meet and greets (which were discussed in detail a couple of weeks ago http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=242493&highlight=meet+greets) . I find it sickening that there are dozens of posts about this wash up on a daily basis, the man made great music at one point, and there must be an emphasis placed on past tense. Some point around the release of the second audioslave album when "be yourself" was released as a single, you knew that it was the beginning of the end of audioslave and chris realized that he could reach a broader audience as a cross over star. His new material frails in comparison to his first solo album, his soundgarden material, and 75% of his audioslave stuff. Just boo

btw despite this scathing commentary, fluttergirl and preaching the end of the world rawked my socks off back in the day

ps STPMattb is STP ever going to get back together? we need STP more than ever now.
    flutter girl also carries the torch along with the greats of that album.

In general that album has the singing of course, but the guitar work is great.

See I love Flutter Girl too, but much prefer the demo version from way back in the 90's to the version on Euphoria Morning.
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Denver tickets on sale now. Milwaukee should be on sale in 10 mins.
  • stpmattb wrote:

They should have said the Pearl Jam Message Pit doesn't count for the street team, because there are enough threads about him here anyway. I think if you post here, you know he has a new album coming out already.
  • Chris has really sold out big time by trying to cross over with his shitty material which hearkens the likes of a goo goo dolls... His new material frails in comparison to his first solo album

Weird word use. But I think I know what you're trying to say -- fair enough, you're entitled. I disagree with it, though. Although I loved EM, I think the songs on this one are much more musically coherent (none of that dreadful keyboardy wittering) and every bit as lyrically interesting. Suggest listening to Killing Birds or Disappearing Act a little more closely - or the circling weirdness that is Silence The Voices. That would invert any AOR listeners's brain, methinks.

And not every "foreigner" who posts here is a teenage street-teamer with one eye on the main chance! :o

Clare xx
    www.myspace.com/clareobrienwright
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • Weird word use. But I think I know what you're trying to say -- fair enough, you're entitled. I disagree with it, though. Although I loved EM, I think the songs on this one are much more musically coherent (none of that dreadful keyboardy wittering) and every bit as lyrically interesting. Suggest listening to Killing Birds or Disappearing Act a little more closely - or the circling weirdness that is Silence The Voices. That would invert any AOR listeners's brain, methinks.

And not every "foreigner" who posts here is a teenage street-teamer with one eye on the main chance! :o

Clare xx

I love Silence The Voices! Probably one of my three favourites off the album, with Arms Around Your Love and Ghosts. Actually, today before my exam, I was listening to Cornell on my MP3 player, and put both his solo albums on shuffle together. They sound even better together!
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    Ghosts has been on repeat all day today on my Ipod. :)
  • Ghosts has been on repeat all day today on my Ipod. :)

I think I've listened to Sunshower upwards of 40 times today...:D
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    I think I've listened to Sunshower upwards of 40 times today...:D

That is a beautiful song.