The Remote Part

musicfanpearlmusicfanpearl Posts: 210
edited April 2007 in Other Music
Is The Remote Part by Idlewild possibly one of the best albums of this decade? I am an avid music listener, but this cd has it all. There isn't one song on this album that doesn't rock. I think it is by far their best work, similar to pearl jam with their latest album. Oh, and the title track, the remote part, quite possibly the best album closer i have ever heard in my life.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• HebejebeHebejebe Posts: 108
    It's a fantastic album for sure but I actually prefer Warnings/Promises despite the fact there no real rockers on it.

You are right about In remote part/Scottish fiction, that's an incredible song.
  • Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    I actually prefer 100 Broken Windows to The Remote Part...but only just.

It is a really, really good record....one where they really showed what they are capable of as a band.

There's not been much love going on for Idlewild since they were announced at the support for the London PJ show. People have described them as "yawn" and "indie student rock"........God knows which songs they've listened to! :rolleyes:
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Theres a reason pearl jam wants to tour with them, because they are freaking awesome. Mike Mcready is a huge fan, as well as Eddie.
  • Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    There's not been much love going on for Idlewild since they were announced at the support for the London PJ show. People have described them as "yawn" and "indie student rock"........God knows which songs they've listened to! :rolleyes:[/quote]

Idlewild is a good band
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.