Beck's new single

TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
edited August 2007 in Other Music
I just downloaded "Timebomb" from the iTunes store... it's the new single from Beck and it's SWEET!!!
Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    It is catchy for sure, but it's not the Beck I've been enjoying lately. I go in waves though and that's what I love about his diversity.

I'm really thinking he released this upbeat jam because his next record is going to be another chill affair. I've heard he's working with Nigel again.

Must say, Mutations is maybe one of the best records ever (atleast, that's how i feel this summer)

Love Beck
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    It is catchy for sure, but it's not the Beck I've been enjoying lately. I go in waves though and that's what I love about his diversity.

I'm really thinking he released this upbeat jam because his next record is going to be another chill affair. I've heard he's working with Nigel again.

Must say, Mutations is maybe one of the best records ever (atleast, that's how i feel this summer)

Love Beck

I totally agree that Mutations is an AMAZING record..

but IMO Guero edges it out as his best! When I bought that CD I would sit in gridlock traffic on the PCH from Malibu to Santa Monica and just listen to it over and over again! It would temporarily cure my road rage:D
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    Sea Change at the top for me, followed by Mutations. You just have to be in the right mood to listen to Sea Change since its slightly depressing.
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    mulva9 wrote:
    Sea Change at the top for me, followed by Mutations. You just have to be in the right mood to listen to Sea Change since its slightly depressing.
    I haven't heard the last album yet. I think I'm going to buy it soon.
    My favorite Beck's album is Odelay.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
    Trailer wrote:
    I totally agree that Mutations is an AMAZING record..

but IMO Guero edges it out as his best! When I bought that CD I would sit in gridlock traffic on the PCH from Malibu to Santa Monica and just listen to it over and over again! It would temporarily cure my road rage:D

I guess of all the places you could be stuck in Los Angeles gridlock, thats one of the best.

I was just on that road yesterday.

Guero is very good yes! I do think i put Odelay over it though. Actually, i don't know. Love em all so it really depends on my mood of the day/week
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • New single? Is he putting out a new album already?
  • mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    New single? Is he putting out a new album already?

I believe it's just a single he released. Not associated with any album.
    mulva9 wrote:

Sea Change is definitely a depressing album! I'm usually in more of a Midnite Vultures kind of mood!!
    Trailer wrote:
    Sea Change is definitely a depressing album! I'm usually in more of a Midnite Vultures kind of mood!!

Heh heh. I forgot about that album. Think it deserves a spin this week
  • Beck is amazing...one of the best recording artists of his time. He'll always stay relevant too. Can't wait for the release.
  • If you guys like Beck... check out a band called Eels. It's similar in the fashion that the guy's voice reminds me of Beck... and at times, the music gets chaotic like on Mellow Gold/Stereopathetic Soul Manure. Plus... Eels' lyrics has more meaning in the lyrics.

Not putting Beck down at all... I do love me some Beck... I'll agree with Mutations being his best, and also give props to the new album... Guero took a while to grow on me... but it's finally starting to come around, but The Information didn't really take anytime, it was instantly awesome.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    Saturnal wrote:
    Beck is amazing...one of the best recording artists of his time.

100% agree.. guero was so fucking good. i couldnt stop listening to that for months...then guerolito came out...i loved it too....

my GF said that the new single is meant for working out...any truth in this?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    just dl'd it and its pretty good, not unbelieavable or anything....fun and clappy though...

We got a timebomb
    We got a timebomb
    We got a timebomb
    Na na na na
    We got a warning light
    We got a warning light
    We pull the plug out and we
    Na na na na
    Timebomb ticking
    Timebomb ticking
    It's a timebomb ticking
    Tick tick tick tick
    Timebomb ticking
    Timebomb ticking
    It's a timebomb ticking
    Going

We got a timebomb
    We got a timebomb
    We got a timebomb
    Na na na na
    We got a red alert
    We got a red alert
    We cut the power and we
    Na na na na
    It's a timebomb ticking
    Timebomb ticking
    It's a timebomb ticking
    Going tick tick tick tick
    It's a timebomb ticking
    Timebomb ticking
    It's a timebomb ticking

We're going sideways
    Highways
    Riding on an elevator
    Cold just like an alligator
    Now my baby's out of date
    Fighting and lightning
    And tightening above the buckles
    Of an atom bomb's timebomb
    Tick tick tick tick

Bah bah ba

We got a timebomb
    We got a timebomb
    We got a timebomb
    Na na na na
    We got a red alert
    We got a red alert
    Na na na na
    We got a cigarette
    We got a cigarette
    We got a cigarette
    Na na na na
    Timebomb ticking
    Timebomb ticking
    It's a timebomb ticking
    Going

Bah bah ba
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
    just dl'd it and its pretty good, not unbelieavable or anything....fun and clappy though...

We got a timebomb
    We got a timebomb
    We got a timebomb
    Na na na na
    We got a warning light
    We got a warning light
    Na na na na
    Timebomb ticking
    Timebomb ticking
    It's a timebomb ticking
    Tick tick tick tick
    Timebomb ticking
    Timebomb ticking
    It's a timebomb ticking
    Going

We got a timebomb
    We got a timebomb
    We got a timebomb
    Na na na na
    We got a red alert
    We got a red alert
    We cut the power and we
    Na na na na
    It's a timebomb ticking
    Timebomb ticking
    It's a timebomb ticking
    It's a timebomb ticking
    Timebomb ticking
    It's a timebomb ticking

We're going sideways
    Highways
    Riding on an elevator
    Cold just like an alligator
    Now my baby's out of date
    Fighting and lightning
    And tightening above the buckles
    Of an atom bomb's timebomb
    Tick tick tick tick

Bah bah ba

We got a timebomb
    We got a timebomb
    We got a timebomb
    Na na na na
    We got a red alert
    We got a red alert
    Na na na na
    We got a cigarette
    We got a cigarette
    We got a cigarette
    Na na na na
    Timebomb ticking
    Timebomb ticking
    It's a timebomb ticking
    Going

Bah bah ba

Yeah.. it's not his best work, but it's a really good song to groove to while you're taking care of other things. For example, I was writing a report on my computer and I had the song on repeat the whole time I was writing it. 32 times later and I'm still not sick of it :D

I can see why your gf likes working out to it!