New Chris Cornell dates

clarefromscotlandclarefromscotland Posts: 154
edited February 2008 in Other Music
...are being announced, mostly for Europe thus far. Mix of festivals and headline shows. I'm keeping track of them all on my site as they surface, see http://www.chriscornell.org.uk/tour.htm for a constantly updated list.
www.myspace.com/clareobrienwright
www.chriscornell.org.uk
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ...are being announced, mostly for Europe thus far. Mix of festivals and headline shows. I'm keeping track of them all on my site as they surface, see http://www.chriscornell.org.uk/tour.htm for a constantly updated list.

Any designer jeans shows?

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Any designer jeans shows?

Not so far. ;) He is entertaining the troops in Kuwait next month, though.
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • ChazzChazz Posts: 1,135
    ...are being announced, mostly for Europe thus far. Mix of festivals and headline shows. I'm keeping track of them all on my site as they surface, see http://www.chriscornell.org.uk/tour.htm for a constantly updated list.

Thanks for posting - any rumours about more UK dates?? :)
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Thanks for posting - any rumours about more UK dates?? :)
    I was about to say! He's missing out a very important country! Can probably put that to the disappointing turnout at the Birmingham show last year... :(
  • I think there are probably a lot more dates still to come.
    I was about to say! He's missing out a very important country! Can probably put that to the disappointing turnout at the Birmingham show last year... :(

Mike, you obviously weren't at the Roundhouse in London the night before. ;) That was a legendary show and fairly heaving. It was probably a mistake to book Birmingham and Nottingham on consecutive nights, though, they're far too close geographically. I think it split the available Midlands audience.
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Would be great if he did some more stateside shows. I caught him once over the summer and was so disappointed that I didn't get to see him again. He was really phenomenal.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    I hope he plays manchester this time around...
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • I think there are probably a lot more dates still to come.

Mike, you obviously weren't at the Roundhouse in London the night before. ;) That was a legendary show and fairly heaving. It was probably a mistake to book Birmingham and Nottingham on consecutive nights, though, they're far too close geographically. I think it split the available Midlands audience.
    I know, I keep reading your comments about the Roundhouse show and wished I had gone to that instead, if only for Ty Cobb. I was at the Astoria gig though, my favourite of all time thus far, that sold out pretty quickly. Hyde Park Calling was obviously packed but everywhere I went I heard people asking "who the hell is Chris Cornell?". That kinda upset me. Can't wait to see him a fourth time!
  • I know, I keep reading your comments about the Roundhouse show and wished I had gone to that instead, if only for Ty Cobb. I was at the Astoria gig though, my favourite of all time thus far, that sold out pretty quickly. Hyde Park Calling was obviously packed but everywhere I went I heard people asking "who the hell is Chris Cornell?". That kinda upset me. Can't wait to see him a fourth time!

I heard a lot of people saying the same thing at Hyde Park, but by the end of it I heard loads of people praising him. He really stepped up to the challenge that day, the weather was abysmal, and yet he didn't give a shit about getting soaked, it felt like a proper performance. Plus, given Aerosmith's really short set, I think he was easily the highlight.
  • RyeGuyRyeGuy Posts: 215
    I got to see him twice last summer and I hope he comes back to the states for Bonnaroo or something.
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense." Ed Ved

"No one cares about climbing stairs, Nothing at the top no more." Chris Cornell
  • The Roundhouse rocked.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • ChazzChazz Posts: 1,135
    The Roundhouse rocked.

Yep it did - that's why I need to see him again this year :D
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Rock am Ring!
    "now i've got room to spread my wings and my messages of love...yeah love was my drug but that's not what i died of"

"I don't wanna think, I wanna feel"

"Go then, there are other worlds than these!" - Jake Chambers

09/02/2005 Vancouver
    09/23/2006 Berlin
    06/21/2007 Düsseldorf
  • Hmmmm. Tilburg is the arse end of nowhere.... The train home would put me in Amsterdam for about 4am. I hope he plays somewhere close that's not a festival . Alternatively he could play T in the Park... anybody got his number?
  • Hmmmm. Tilburg is the arse end of nowhere.... The train home would put me in Amsterdam for about 4am. I hope he plays somewhere close that's not a festival . Alternatively he could play T in the Park... anybody got his number?

Tilburg? Like Tilburg Dutch Brown Ale?
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Tilburg? Like Tilburg Dutch Brown Ale?

The very one:

http://www.pauldebeer.eu/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/uitzicht-tilburg.JPG

For some reason lots of bands play there.... which must be wonderful if you are a tilburger.... but not so great if you are an amsterdammer(who already think they are better anyway and don't like the snub)
  • The very one:

http://www.pauldebeer.eu/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/uitzicht-tilburg.JPG

For some reason lots of bands play there.... which must be wonderful if you are a tilburger.... but not so great if you are an amsterdammer(who already think they are better anyway and don't like the snub)

Well, I like the beer. Not many seem to know of it here. I've heard of Amsterdam, of course, and only of Tilburg because of the beer. It's all a relatively small area, right? Just with lots of people?
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • If there are any Swiss here, date confirmed yesterday for Zurich. :) Keep an eye on the page, have a feeling there are lots more dates still to emerge.

http://www.chriscornell.org.uk/tour.htm
    www.chriscornell.org.uk