Any Devandra Banhart Freaks aroud here ?

MeaninglessMeaningless Posts: 55
edited June 2008 in Other Music
In my opinion,It's one of of BEST songwriter of the 21st century...
Criple Crow is definitly a masterpiece.
Do you guys love that stuff ?Tell me...

Heard somebody said that the war ended today, but everybody knows It's going still...
DB
"Actually we could do a commercial for Dodge, Can't Find A Better Van"
E.V
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I am a big fan. Its cool he isnt like anyone around. He does his own thing, and has this late 60's thing going on, like he was stuck in some time warp and thinks it literally still is the 1960's.

I also think its cool he has been so vocal of his support of Manson. He regularly performs a cover of his song in concert, and in interviews has even suggested that Manson was a hero for the oppressed. It takes guts to say that stuff.

Anyways, I am looking forward to his future cd's.

I thought the last cd had some of the most haunting antiwar tunes I have ever heard
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,140
    I really like some of his stuff.

But, there is one song towards the end of Cripple Creek that sort of sounds like he is a child molester.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i downloaded "Insect Eyes" after hearing in the Hills Have Eyes 2 trailer and loved it! i really enjoy how creepy it sounds. is all his stuff like this? any recomendations?
  • boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    Cripple Crow is a great album. He and his band were also amazing at Bridge School last year.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • boroff89 wrote:
    Cripple Crow is a great album. He and his band were also amazing at Bridge School last year.
    Very happy that I'm not alone!!!

Did you Find out the hidden track at the end this album?.You had to listen to with an MP3 CD Player, at the end of the Official last track you will discover a song called "White reggae troll"wich is great !!
    "Actually we could do a commercial for Dodge, Can't Find A Better Van"
    E.V
  • yeah im a big devendra fan!

i preferred nino rojo to cripple crow,

he is an excellent live act too, much audience participation
  • reblfanreblfan Posts: 90
    I saw this guy from some live streams from Bonnaroo last year. He immediately caught my attention and I was really getting into it. I kind of forgot about him though until now.....time to go pick up a cd.
    "Memories like fingerprints are slowly raising."
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    is all his music sort of creepy and disturbing?
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    I dig his stuff. I think "When They Come" is such a beautiful, haunting song.
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    Just listened to that Smokey album.

I really like it!
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    Smokey Rolls Down Thunder Canyon is the only album I've heard from him, as it's the only album I have by him. I love it! Soon time to get another by him!
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    K...since I made the previous post...I got Cripple Crow. Really enjoying it so far! :)
  • nobodynobody Posts: 353
    he recently took part in forming a new band called megapuss.
    check out two of their songs on myspace...

m.
    Godwin's Law:
    "As an internet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."