Is there ONE?

Don't go on me ...
"Actually we could do a commercial for Dodge, Can't Find A Better Van"
E.V
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Is there ONE?

Don't go on me ...

I liked that one song they did. Not sure what it was titled though.
  • I liked that song as well.

Was it "Wherever you will go"?
    Kansas City 6/12/03 ** Kissimmee 10/9/04 ** Atlantic City 10/1/05 ** Denver 7/2/06 ** Denver 7/3/06 ** Chicago 8/23/09 ** Chicago 8/24/09 ** Kansas City 5/3/10 ** Dallas 11/15/13 ** Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ** St. Louis 10/3/14 ** Tulsa 10/8/14 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/22/16 ** Oklahoma City 9/20/22 ** Ft. Worth 9/15/23

EV - St. Louis 7/1/11 ** Tulsa 11/19/12
  • I liked that song as well.

Was it "Wherever you will go"?

That is it!

I couldn't remember.
  • SLH916SLH916 Posts: 132
    Is there ONE?

Don't go on me ...

Are you the ONE?

I like WHEREVER YOU WILL GO, too. The singer really sounds like young Eddie in his softer moments.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    I like the song "Nothing's Changed". That's about it though. Saw them for free once, and it was pretty terrible.
  • Why on earth this forum will shit on Nickelback and Creed so much for being rip-offs, and then let anyone's appreciation of The Calling go unnoticed is seriously beyond me.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I like the song "Nothing's Changed". That's about it though. Saw them for free once, and it was pretty terrible.

was sean woolstenhume(sp?) with them? I bought the calling's dvd b/c sean was with them. I got it used online.

what do guys like alex band do all day when their band breaks up? do you think they get a day job?
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Yeah Sean did play with them then. He was the only one I really liked. When he joined Lifehouse it was possibly the best lineup they ever had. He has such a strong Radiohead influence it really worked well on the Stanley Climbfall album
    Yeah Sean did play with them then. He was the only one I really liked. When he joined Lifehouse it was possibly the best lineup they ever had. He has such a strong Radiohead influence it really worked well on the Stanley Climbfall album

I don't know much about radiohead. I listen to brian vander ark alot or pat mcgee besides pearl jam! (I do like some cool people which are on the unwritten* approved Synergy list of bands -- I am going to see chris cornell in a few weeks!)

(*I once typed the list from what I've gathered over the years that the pj fans from synergy like)
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    Why on earth this forum will shit on Nickelback and Creed so much for being rip-offs, and then let anyone's appreciation of The Calling go unnoticed is seriously beyond me.

hey I saw you in the puddle of mudd thread last year where I made up a list of bands that we are allowed to talk about to be considered cool or that ed ved would approve of
    THE WHO!!!!!
    neil young
    bob dylan
    led zeppelin
    sleater kinney
    foo fighters
    AIC
    mudhoney
    brad
    beatles
    ben harper
    soundgarden
    mad season
    jeff buckley
    sonic youth
    drive by truckers
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=203941&highlight=unwritten
    (And I don't like some of them and could care less what people on this board think of my choice of music)
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • iluvcats wrote:
    hey I saw you in the puddle of mudd thread last year where I made up a list of bands that we are allowed to talk about to be considered cool or that ed ved would approve of
    THE WHO!!!!!
    neil young
    bob dylan
    led zeppelin
    sleater kinney
    foo fighters
    AIC
    mudhoney
    brad
    beatles
    ben harper
    soundgarden
    mad season
    jeff buckley
    sonic youth
    drive by truckers
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=203941&highlight=unwritten
    (And I don't like some of them and could care less what people on this board think of my choice of music)

LOL yeah I remember that thread. Did I actually say I liked Puddle of Mudd though? I doubt it.

'I like the way you slap my ass'? Case rested. :D

Btw there are at least 5/6 bands in that list I'm not interested in.

P.S. I've resolved that every time I make a post from now on, I'm going to leave a line between every sentence (unless it's a really long post), because it's easier to read. Is everyone OK with that?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569

Kinky.;)

I liked the song Blurry.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Kinky.;)

I liked the song Blurry.:)

Yeah Blurry was 'OK', but I found it painful looking at the song title as I could make it rhyme with 'McFlurry'.

• Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    I liked the calling :o wherever you will go was brilliant I thought... and I had the album and know I liked a couple more off it... but can't remember any of the names so it can't have been that great :o

I don't mind admitting to stuff that I know are generally not cool to like :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • I don't mind admitting to stuff that I know are generally not cool to like :o

Well I like Linkin Park, so I think we're on the same page :D

Is Marvin Gaye considered cool or not?
  • Is Marvin Gaye considered cool or not?

Hmm well he isn't my thing, but he's no doubt been a pretty big face in pop music.

I mean important in pop music, I have no idea if he has a big face or not.

Hmm well he isn't my thing, but he's no doubt been a pretty big face in pop music.

I mean important in pop music, I have no idea if he has a big face or not.

I doubt he'll have much of a face these days, he's been dead since '84, you should check out the What's Going On album, pure classic and far from pop, a soul and R&B album of pure style full of political and social lyrical significance, a 70's masterpiece.
    Soul and R&B is not normally my type of music but this album in particular is awesome.
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    :D I loved 'in the end'. I think I have a linkin park album somewhere too :o:D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    LOL yeah I remember that thread. Did I actually say I liked Puddle of Mudd though? I doubt it.

Btw there are at least 5/6 bands in that list I'm not interested in.

P.S. I've resolved that every time I make a post from now on, I'm going to leave a line between every sentence (unless it's a really long post), because it's easier to read. Is everyone OK with that?

lol, no, you did say not like puddle of mudd but you were in the thread :) I gave the link to the thread, above.
    nothing to do with POM:
    And you europeans are lucky -- I hate you. The 21st century Doors called "riders on the storm" are playing in europe first, with their new front man.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    Is Marvin Gaye considered cool or not?

I would listen to marvin but I don't have any of his stuff...
    my uncool collection:
    I have two tapes of Nat King Cole and one of his greatest hits cds. Comes in handy when I have my mom over to dinner. We both sing along in harmony and he has a beautiful, soothing voice. My mom needs something to calm her down.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:
    I would listen to marvin but I don't have any of his stuff...
    my uncool collection:
    I have two tapes of Nat King Cole and one of his greatest hits cds. Comes in handy when I have my mom over to dinner. We both sing along in harmony and he has a beautiful, soothing voice. My mom needs something to calm her down.

I also enjoy Louis Armstrong, I have a three disc box set, but I have to be in the right mood.
    I also enjoy Louis Armstrong, I have a three disc box set, but I have to be in the right mood.

the guy who sings "Hello Dolly?"

yer joking, aren't you? :)
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:
    the guy who sings "Hello Dolly?"

yer joking, aren't you? :)

Nope, I love me a bit of Louis.
    Nope, I love me a bit of Louis.

does he play the sax or a horn? well I love edwin mccain and he is NOT on the approved synergy list of bands :)
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:
    does he play the sax or a horn? well I love edwin mccain and he is NOT on the approved synergy list of bands :)

Trumpet I believe and later recognised as a vocalist.
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    this is why this forum always surprise me, how does you got the balls to talk about ´how good´ it´s the calling, to much ink wasted here....
    tonadax wrote:
    this is why this forum always surprise me, how does you got the balls to talk about ´how good´ it´s the calling, to much ink wasted here....

Were typing on a computer, we dont use any ink, unless someone wastes their time printing these conversations out.