Kings Of Leon is Overrated

2»

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i enjoyed the Holy Roller Novicane EP and Youth and Young Manhood but the second album i could just not get into.

i love the second Sparta album, Pocelain.

i've only seen PJ twice.. Camden night 1 2000-Sonic Youth opened. ruled
    Philly 05 w/ S-K. ruled.
  • IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    I like them but agree they are overrated. Their first album is awesome because its got great energy and its all about drinking and having sex. Their next 2 records didn't do much for me, there are some good tracks here and there but nothing outstanding. They are trying too hard to re-invent themselves and grow but they are not the type of band that can do it that well.
  • i like one of their songs...
    on call
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~PJ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥ KoL ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/14/95, Charlotte 2000, 2003:4/15, 4/16, 7/1, 7/5, 7/6, 7/8, 7/9, 2006: 5/27, 5/28, 5/30;6/17/08, 6/28/08
    *** www.myspace.com/pirljamgirl***
  • I must say I really don't like them at all.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • alpittalpitt Posts: 91
    I saw them at Lollapalooza after only having heard them a few times (and not really liking them), and they still didn't do much for me. I find them kind of unexceptional. I just don't get it I guess.
    "I'm an ideas man Michael, I think I proved that with F*ck Mountain" -GOB
  • vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    I rate them highly :) awesome sounds :).. also reminds me of Pearl Jam 2006 tour in Australia so much when i listen....
  • so are you comparing Caleb of KOL to Sleater-Kinney, or were you just freely associating the two?

I was just throwing it out there...it was a poorly written post...i feel shame
    "No need to be void,...or save up on life...You got to spend it all....."
  • I personally like KoL by they are overrated IMO
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    I personally like KoL by they are overrated IMO
    :eek:

How could you?.....I'm wounded Sian, wounded.....:(
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • I know I'm going out on a limb here with all of the KOL love in The Pit lately but I keep listening to "Because of the Times" hoping it will catch on and it never has. They were pretty good at Lolla and I'm wondering, does anyone else thinks they are overrated?

Who cares? They are what they are. They're not boastfull or brash like Jet. I've seen them live 3 times and must say they are very good live.

Maybe when they get a little more popular they will add to their live shows some character... but they're still very young guys.

I think they are very talented lyrically and musically.

I can relate to what you are saying because I haven't seen Arcade Fire yet and I feel they are some overrated...but probably because I haven't seen them. I kinda like some of their songs.
    the Minions