Mother Love Bone?

xSmackSoundxxSmackSoundx Posts: 479
edited September 2007 in Other Music
Are they any good? I like Temple of The Dog, Pearl Jam, and Sound Garden? Would I like them? I know Temple of the Dog was a tribute to the lead singer dieing... and I love that album.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Do you like Queen?

Andrew def has Freddie Mercury vibe
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • for heavens sake, go get some MLB in your life~! youll love it....
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • I just listened to Holy Roller (First Song that finished downloading in the Album) and I have to say it was pretty good.
  • HOLY ROLLAH! yeah man, you will love all that stuff, bone china.

wait till you hear stardog champion....

of course i assume you know, crown of thorns...

did you know temple of the dog took their name from the song man of golden words. the lyric is in there....

great piece of history the apple album is.. its awesome stuff. enjoy
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    check out This is shangrilla... great tune
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • They fall under the "guilty pleasure" category for me. Worth checking out, at the very least.
  • "You know they're like Malt-O-Meal for you, they're good for ya; they're like soup."
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
  • jammerfall wrote:
    "You know they're like Malt-O-Meal for you, they're good for ya; they're like soup."

"They're like... nothing bad, let me tell you that much.":D
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • One of my favorites from them is "Stargazer".
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • If you (obviously) like Pearl Jam's instrumentals and can settle for Andy Wood's vocals, you should enjoy them. I really like 'This is Shangrila', but I prefer 'Crown of Thorns' being sung by Eddie. To really be able to say youre a fine-tuned PJ fan, you need to experience MLB.
    "Hey I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind..."
  • Having first heard MLB back in the days of 1989, does anybody else get the same HUGE kick out of people still discovering them in 2007? I love it.
  • Chloe Dancer is the greatest intro ever.
    I don't want to be the fool that's behind me but I am...

I'll Hold The Pain... Release...

Yourself
  • I personally found them quite difficult to get into at first but I really like them now.

Andrew was definitely a great showman.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Mother Love Bone rock! Andy Woods vocals are awesome and Stone is at his finest. Stargazer is a beautiful song...Its all I can listen to at 5 in the morning on my way to work. Its got a different feel about it than PJ (as you would expect..) but its all good!
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • HOLY ROLLAH! yeah man, you will love all that stuff, bone china.

wait till you hear stardog champion....

of course i assume you know, crown of thorns...

did you know temple of the dog took their name from the song man of golden words. the lyric is in there....

great piece of history the apple album is.. its awesome stuff. enjoy
    Love Stardog Champion. Saw the video for the first time the other week, cool stuff. MLB ARE AWESOME.!!
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Chloe Dancer is the greatest intro ever.
    definitely.

"chloe don't know better...
    chloe's just like me, only beautiful"
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    They have a few fun songs, but they're nothing spectacular. The original Crown of Thorns is miles better than the PJ cover though, especially with the Chloe Dancer intro.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • I don't know... his voice is good.. instrumentals are good... The lyrics are good... but I don't know... the tunes aren't very cool or catchy... Did their second album ever come out? I'd like to try that one... I believe in time that this band could have become something amazing... it's just to bad...
  • The only track I've ever heard is the one on the Singles soundtrack. I believe it's the Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns' one? I always seem to forget about MLB, until they come up in a thread, and then I make a mental note to seek out their music, only to forget again. Maybe this time, it'll stick.
    "A toast....to Canadian born Neil Young!!!" - Eddie Vedder

CANADIAN AND PROUD OF IT!!!!!!
  • I don't know... his voice is good.. instrumentals are good... The lyrics are good... but I don't know... the tunes aren't very cool or catchy... Did their second album ever come out? .

the only album that ever came out was apple. it was later released as a two disc set with the ep that preceded apple i believe. thats what i have....5$pawnshop find!

voice= good
    lyrics=good
    instrum=good.

sounds like a winner! whats not to know?
  • Are they any good? I like Temple of The Dog, Pearl Jam, and Sound Garden? Would I like them? I know Temple of the Dog was a tribute to the lead singer dieing... and I love that album.
    MLB are amazing..... second best band ever... next to PJ of course ;)
    If you're just gonna download a few tracks to try em out I suggest 'Stargazer' (beautiful, simply beautiful) 'Stardog Champion' (feel good tune:)) 'Chloe dancer/crown of thorns' (a MUST) 'Capricorn Sister' (the ultimate getting ready to go out with my best buds tune) and 'Lady Godiva Blues' (just for Stone's playing and the Andy outburst "STOOOONEY BOY!!")
    MLB are SOMETIMES overlooked and the material isn't extensive so it could be worth just getting the 1992 double disc compilation from amazon or play, it's not expensive and SOOOOO worth the investment.
    Ever heard Malfunkshun? also Andrew Wood on vocals (before MLB) but also rather good.... check them out too....
    I love MLB and can't wait to get my Apple and Stargazer Lily tattooed on my shoulders for my love for them... awesome band and such a sad loss.....
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • "if you want a plate of my beef swellington - you're gonna have to PAY the covercharge!"

MLB :eek: greatness!!!
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • deadnotedeadnote Posts: 1,678
    mlb is just like anything else
    if you love it to much
    something will fuck it up
    set your laughter free

dreamer in my dream

we got the guns

i love you,but im..............callin out.........callin out