Built to Spill in September!

xSmackSoundxxSmackSoundx Posts: 479
edited August 2008 in Other Music
Oh My God... I just got ticket and i'm already fucking excited! Who has seen them live? were they good? what can I expect?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i saw them in charlotte, nc months ago and it was awesome just expect a bunch of old and new songs and alot of jams
    "I write a letter to a friend of mine
    I tell him how much I used to love watch him smile
    See I haven't seen him smile in a little while
    Haven't seen him smile in a little while
    But, I know you're laughing from the inside out."
    Blind Melon - Mouthfull of cavities
    R.I.P. JEN
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I've seen them three times. They NEVER disapoint.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    They're playing a special show over here with all of Perfect From Now On. Only problem is I'll be travelling in my gap year while they're over. grrrrrrrrrr :mad: Oh well, guess I'll have to wait a few more years before I see them.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Always have to give a shout out to my main man Doug M. He and I are friends and played street ball together for several years. He's a fouling machine! And a great guitar player. He once jumped on stage with my band, took my Les Paul and we all rocked out RITFW.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • xSmackSoundxxSmackSoundx Posts: 479
    yeah and the meat puppets are opening for them... are meat puppets good?.. I heard their cover of lake of fire by nirvana once...

lol I had a dream I was there last night and the opening band sucked... haha
  • The VacantThe Vacant Posts: 271
    The Meat Puppets wrote Lake of Fire and Nirvana covered it, not the other way around.
  • The Vacant wrote:
    The Meat Puppets wrote Lake of Fire and Nirvana covered it, not the other way around.

Whoopsies... I guess I wouldn't really care either way... I don't even really like nirvana
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Meatpuppets are a very cool band.

I saw them touring together here last year i think or earlier this year i can't remember and to be honest as much as i love Built to Spill and i thought their entire set was better the most rockin part of the concert is when meatpuppets closed their set by doing backwater then faded into a distortion jam and came out of it with a blistering version of lake of fire.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    the meat puppets were decent when I saw them last year at moe.down. I've heard good things about built to spill, maybe i'll check them out this tour