Holy Shit! Pinback!

xSmackSoundxxSmackSoundx Posts: 479
edited December 2007 in Other Music
I just discovered this band from a friend, and I have to say that Autumn of the Seraphs is very high up on my list of best albums this year. With freaking awesome tracks like Devil you know, Barnes, and Subbing for Eden... wow... I gotta get some more of this band... What do you guys think? also could you recommend another Pinback CD for me to get?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I'm a huge fan. I started by listening to their EP's Offcell and Some Voices, which hooked me. Blue Screen Life is probably the full length album I would start with. Summer in Abaddon is also good, and Pinback is more mellow. Nautical Antiques isn't very good, but everything else is quality. If you are downloading individual songs I would start with Penelope, Non Photo Blue, Microtonic Wave, XIY, Prog and Loro. They put on a very great live show.
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    Bremerton wrote:
    I'm a huge fan. I started by listening to their EP's Offcell and Some Voices, which hooked me. Blue Screen Life is probably the full length album I would start with. Summer in Abaddon is also good, and Pinback is more mellow. Nautical Antiques isn't very good, but everything else is quality. If you are downloading individual songs I would start with Penelope, Non Photo Blue, Microtonic Wave, XIY, Prog and Loro. They put on a very great live show.
    just as I was going to reply...... umm, I would take this advice almost to the word. Prog is such a sweet tune.
  • transplant wrote:
    just as I was going to reply...... umm, I would take this advice almost to the word. Prog is such a sweet tune.
    I was honestly just about to make a similar post to transplant. So put me down for an endorsment of transplant's endorsment of Bremerton's recomendation that "Blue Screen Life is probably the full length album I would start with. Summer in Abaddon is also good, and Pinback is more mellow."

Also you definitely have to see them live. One of my all time favorite live bands.
  • Blue Screen Life is by far their best album and really defines Pinback. I like their newest album but it doesn't come close to Blue Screen Life.

From best to least favorite album (all of them are top notch):
    Blue Screen Life
    Summer In Abaddon
    Pinback (self titled)
    Autumn Of The Seraphs
    Austin City Limits - Oct 04, 2009
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I have been meaning to check this band out for a while now
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    yep, what everyone else said. don't have much else to add so i'll just ramble for a bit....yay prog, you rock my pants. pinback for life niggaz. word 2 ur mutha. 4 shizzle.
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • I have had this band on my "To download" list but didn't know where to begin. Now I know! Thanks so much!