Your Savior

xSmackSoundxxSmackSoundx Posts: 479
edited May 2007 in Other Music
I love this song by Temple of the Dog. It is by far my favorite song (Pearl Jam and Soundgarden being my favorite bands.) What do you guys think of Temple of the Dog and this song?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Hard to pick a favourite from that album cause the whole damn thing's perfect. I think the singing at the end of Four Walled World takes some beating.
  • xSmackSoundxxSmackSoundx Posts: 479
    Suprisingly, I don't really LOVe any of the other songs, they are just ok. This song really stuck out to me first. Also, Hunger Strike is good. And Pushing forward back.
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Reach Down....?
    Times Of Trouble....?
    Wooden Jesus....?

Agree with earlier post though... that album is pretty much damn near perfect... :o
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    oddly, I dont really like your savior at all until the part with the really echo-y vocals, which I actually love
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    amazing amazing amazing .. every song is great .. in my mind though, four walled world, call me a dog, times of trouble, and say hello to heaven are magical.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    oddly, I dont really like your savior at all until the part with the really echo-y vocals, which I actually love

Yeah I didn't like to say it but it's probably the one I listen to least from the album, still a good song though.
  • xSmackSoundxxSmackSoundx Posts: 479
    I love the guitar about 2:00 minutes into the song... also, the guitar about 12 seconds into the song... amazing... just amazing... the Perfect song...
  • Hard to pick a favourite from that album cause the whole damn thing's perfect.

:cool:
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • reachdown12reachdown12 Posts: 693
    This album screams perfection. Literally. The passion that is withheld is positively unmatched by any other. Everyone should here this work of art at one point or another i believe. beautiful.
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,137
    hmm...it's funny that someone that has reachdown as part of their username likes Temple of the Dog ;) :cool:

I love that album and it is tough to pick a favorite song from the album. I would say that Say Hello To Heaven, Reach Down, and Hunger Strike are the three songs I could narrow it down to.