The Raconteurs?

xSmackSoundxxSmackSoundx Posts: 479
edited June 2007 in Other Music
Does anyone even listen to them? With Jack White in the band I thought more people would be into them. I love their album and I am looking forward to what their recording. I love their kinda old "Beatles Style". I like Steady as She Goes, Level, Together, and Store Bought Bones. What do you guys think of them? I never really heard opinions on their stuff.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    I really like their first album, and looking forward to another.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • embraceembrace Posts: 849
    We had the privelage of front row seats when they opened for Dylan- they are incredible in concert- contagious energy and Jack White is really a band contributer, not tryine to steal the spotlight. The album is great - level is my favorite!
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • xSmackSoundxxSmackSoundx Posts: 479
    At first I kind of shoved them aside because I was so interested in The White Stripes, but lately I am REALLY loving it. Level is probably my favorite also. I agree with you. Jack White didn't really try to take the spotlight. What he put into it was great though... mostly awesome echoes, lol.
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    Broken Boy Soldiers (the song) is quite good.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    The album was okay i did not love it but it had some cool tracks.

"My baby's on the Levellll"

that song is awesome
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • embraceembrace Posts: 849
    I sort of overlooked them as well and the first time I heard them (some awards show) I thought they sounded way rough and weren't really into making good music- turns out it was one of their first performances, if not their first and they hadn't really practiced. I'm looking forward to their next album.

On another note- it was cool to see how much energy they exuded at the show despite the fact that only the first 2 rows were standing and few people were even moving to the music- they totalling overlooked it and put on a great set- Hopefully, they new they were playing to a Bob Dylan crowd comprised of a lot of "older" folks who thought the music was too loud and different than the ballads they were there to hear.
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • Excellent band!
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
  • pearljam0000pearljam0000 Posts: 450
    Yea I also really like them and hope for a new record soon.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Steady As She Goes and Level are both brilliant songs, the rest of the album is quite solid too..........I actually like them more than The White Stripes
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    very good album, cant wait for another
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Great album, helped get me more into the White stripes, looking forward to the next album.
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    forget jack white, brendan benson is the balls!!!
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • piaget77piaget77 Posts: 156
    Incredible live band.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    the record kicks serious ass
  • jninejnine Posts: 43
    I saw them 3 times last year, each a few months apart, and they kept getting better. Although I really like the album, they jam way more live and Jack and Brendan play off of each other well. They're already recording the second album. I don't know when Jack has time with Icky Thump just out today.