Your Southern Can is Mine

xSmackSoundxxSmackSoundx Posts: 479
edited August 2007 in Other Music
Who else loves this song? I think it is one of the top white stripes songs, and the best on De stijl... or however you spell it...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    De Stijl is a wonderful album and, yes, you have found a great song.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    that song's sexy.
    it's a blind willie mctell cover in case ya didn't know. :)
    Common sense is not so common.
  • Yeah, I know.. I'm getting into this album more and more... I also like apple blossom...
  • poorgirl23 wrote:
    that song's sexy.
    it's a blind willie mctell cover in case ya didn't know. :)

Yeah... I saw that under the composer name... I'm gonna look him up on wikipedia...
  • I was hoping they would play this at one of thier recent Southern shows but I didn't see it come up anywhere.
  • ledhed43ledhed43 Posts: 114
    Jack loves Blind Willie McTell. The album is dedicated to him I believe. And there is a clip of an interview with him at the end of the song. He also wrote "Lord Send me an Angel" that they covered and put out on a 7". Blind Willie McTell also wrote "Statesboro Blues" of Allman Brothers fame. When I first heard of the stripes years ago, I started downloading some songs. The Union Forever and Lord Send me an Angel were the first two I heard. I knew I'd like them after that. De Stijl is my favorite album of theirs, but Truth Doesn't Make a Noise is probably my favorite song on the album. I love when they cover the blues. Jack could probably do an amazing solo show of just blues covers.
    Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best.

~Frank Zappa
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Pretty much every album ends with a groovy off-centre acoustic number like that. We could have apoll to see which one is favourite ( as opposed to best).

I'm loving Effect and Cause, but It's True EWe Love ONe Another is great too. Hang on, I like Southern Can as well. Damn !! I'm spoilt for choice here!!

You seem to be moving around there, What's up Wullie ??

Well I had a little automobeel accident, shoved off. NObody got hurt.
    Still sore brother, but nobody got hurt !!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Damn double post !!
    Music is not a competetion.