lolla 08

diomedjamdiomedjam Posts: 14
edited March 2008 in Other Music
anyone have any guesses, hopes, wishes, as to who maybe playing?

**smashing pumpkins**
-radiohead-
-the flaming lips-
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i heard Radiohead and NIN were headlining.
  • According to Perry Farrell's wife, Snoop Dogg is one of the headliners
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    I'll bet that Wilco will be playing there.

Foo Fighters is also a possibility.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    here is what I'm hearing: Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins, Coldplay

Radiohead is basically considered a lock right now

I don't have any solid sources other than my sister works for the hotel where the promoters met a couple weeks ago and the workers all were throwing these 3 names around. Look for a big Saturday night headliner (Coldplay) and a really big Sunday night (Radiohead)

I want:
    Radiohead
    Kings of Leon
    Amy Winehouse (missed her last year and god am I upset about that!....who knew)
    Arcade Fire
    Black Keys
  • mensanemensane Posts: 912
    who knows? but i have had hotel reservations since october...just in case.
  • evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,347
    Just heard that chicago tribune released NIN and radiohead and one more big act to be announces
  • didn't trent disband his live band members?? or am i missing something here?
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
    didn't trent disband his live band members?? or am i missing something here?

it's a rumour. i will not believe anything until it is official.
    It doesn't really matter. NIN live is Reznor with a few other people....as long as they can play his songs, it doesn't matter who they are.
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    wow nin and radiohead is a power lineup
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable

And?

He did it after the PHM tour.

He did it after the Fragility tour.

and now he did it after the YZ tour.

NIN IS Trent Reznor. it states it very clearly in all the albums. The other bandmembers have always been hired guns. When Trent wants to shake things up, he does.

He'll have a new band in time to tour, don't worry. There is no shortage of people who want to work for/with him.
  • mensane wrote:
    it's a rumour. i will not believe anything until it is official.

it IS official. he said in an interview during the year zero tour that it was the last time people would see that lineup.

And Allesandro Cortini is the only one from the old band to work on Ghosts. So it seems like he wasn't lying.
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,882
    looking forward to lolla 08. i hear nin puts on an amazing show, as well as radiohead. not huge fans of either but def want to see them. looking forward to checking out a lot of other bands there too, had a great time last year, hopefully this year will be just as good, no pj of course, but that's what bonnaroo is for.

hopefully the foo fighters decide to play there too, wouldn't mind seeing them again.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• NIN's live show is like a sledgehammer to the face

It's absolutely ridiculous how good they are.

Most people come out of amazing rock shows saying "that was awesome!!"

People come out of NIN shows saying "jesus fucking christ" with a look of absolute shock on their faces.

Seriously, it's like that.
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    NIN live is still pretty good but I don't think they are anywhere near as good the Downward Spiral tour lineup was live.
  • lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    I hate festivals. In 2006 we left after Queens and skipped the Chili Peppers because it was getting so nuts and I didnt really care about RHCP to risk my life up there. so PJ last year was the first time I saw the main headliner at Lolla. It was cool to see the band play to such a huge audience, but you have to be ok with just staying back, listening to the music and observing the stage, the crowd and the skyline. Very different from your usual PJ arena show from the first 5 rows.

NIN will be amazing in that type of setting, thats for sure. Saw Radiohead at Grant Park in 2001 and that was fun too. But the one band that would be simply EPIC to see at a festival, for me, is Rage Against the Machine. No band has more energy, and after seeing them at Alpine last year, they would destroy Lolla.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • lowlight10 wrote:
    I hate festivals. In 2006 we left after Queens and skipped the Chili Peppers because it was getting so nuts and I didnt really care about RHCP to risk my life up there.

you didn't miss anything. i was there. they sucked pretty bad.
    it IS official. he said in an interview during the year zero tour that it was the last time people would see that lineup.

And Allesandro Cortini is the only one from the old band to work on Ghosts. So it seems like he wasn't lying.

no...i meant the lollapalooza thing was a rumour.
  • OHHHhhhhhhhhh

yeah, it is definitely a rumor.

So far Snoop Dogg is the only artist announced that has any credibility behind it.
  • FYI, the Lolla site says early bird tickets will go on sale March 25. Those should be $120 I think.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    NIN's live show is like a sledgehammer to the face

It's absolutely ridiculous how good they are.

Most people come out of amazing rock shows saying "that was awesome!!"

People come out of NIN shows saying "jesus fucking christ" with a look of absolute shock on their faces.

Seriously, it's like that.

That is very true. It was seeing them live that made me a fan instantly.

I do hope they play Lolla.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • NIN is absolutely one of the most energetic live shows I have ever seen. Trent is an amazing genius.