grateful dead shaking the garden

AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
edited April 2008 in Other Music
does anybody know which grateful dead show shook the garden?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• does anybody know which grateful dead show shook the garden?

actualy, more than what show,
    i'd just be curious to know what fucking song it was.

We shook the garden by jumping up and down in harmony to the beat of a thumping PJ tune ... (wasn't it DTE or somethin? Bad memory here) ...

what the hell tune would the dead have that caused everybody to be bumping up and down in rythm?

Sugar Magnolia?
    Scarlet Begonias?
    Uncle John's Band?

I'm just not really seeing the massive bouncing.
    Dancing? Hell yea.
    Bouncing? Uh. No.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    actualy, more than what show,
    i'd just be curious to know what fucking song it was.

We shook the garden by jumping up and down in harmony to the beat of a thumping PJ tune ... (wasn't it DTE or somethin? Bad memory here) ...

what the hell tune would the dead have that caused everybody to be bumping up and down in rythm?

Sugar Magnolia?
    Scarlet Begonias?
    Uncle John's Band?

I'm just not really seeing the massive bouncing.
    Dancing? Hell yea.
    Bouncing? Uh. No.

i never thought of it like that...i was just curious because i want to get the bootleg. interesting thought however. id be interested to know what song or songs it was too.
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    They Played MSG 52 times between 79-94. You could probably get all the boots and try to figure it out!

I could see the stage shaking during a good Iko Iko, China Cat --> I Know You Rider, Not Fade Away, Good Lovin', Scarlet Begonias --> Fire On the Mountain.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
    merkinball wrote:
    They Played MSG 52 times between 79-94. You could probably get all the boots and try to figure it out!

I could see the stage shaking during a good Iko Iko, China Cat --> I Know You Rider, Not Fade Away, Good Lovin', Scarlet Begonias --> Fire On the Mountain.

haha but how would i figure it out? i dont have that much time on my hands!
    haha but how would i figure it out? i dont have that much time on my hands!

Good point. Nothing listed on Deadbase (http://www.deadbase.com/homebase.html), but I'll keep looking. You've got me wondering too.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

merkinball wrote:
    Good point. Nothing listed on Deadbase (http://www.deadbase.com/homebase.html), but I'll keep looking. You've got me wondering too.

the dead are unbelievable. when you listen to one of their bootlegs, its seriously an experience. it took me a while to get into them, but i understand what the big deal is now. it really takes you away and can free your mind for a period of time.
    the dead are unbelievable. when you listen to one of their bootlegs, its seriously an experience. it took me a while to get into them, but i understand what the big deal is now. it really takes you away and can free your mind for a period of time.

They were on a serious run during the Brent years 80(?)-91(my personal favorite). While most of the good songwriting was done earlier, that was the best live line up.

• does anybody know which grateful dead show shook the garden?

none of them.

everyone was just on drugs and thought the place was moving.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
    merkinball wrote:
    They were on a serious run during the Brent years 80(?)-91(my personal favorite). While most of the good songwriting was done earlier, that was the best live line up.

i havent been listening to many shows during that era. ive been sticking to the 70s mostly, but i will be making my way to the 80s shortly. can you recommend any noteworthy shows from that time period?
    i havent been listening to many shows during that era. ive been sticking to the 70s mostly, but i will be making my way to the 80s shortly. can you recommend any noteworthy shows from that time period?

Wow, that's a tough question. I'd recommend going over to archive.org and pulling down anything that has high ratings. You won't be disappointed. It's more a question of styles between Keith and Brent. Brent brought back a little more of a bluesy feel with his hammond b3, and his vocals matched Jerry really well.

Edited after reviewing my boots:

3/27/88
    3/29/90 (with Branford Marsalis, this is the show where the Eyes of the World on without a net comes from)
    7/30/88 - Personal favorite, got to see a show on my birthday.
    The Alpine Valley, WI run in July 89

merkinball wrote:
    Wow, that's a tough question. I'd recommend going over to archive.org and pulling down anything that has high ratings. You won't be disappointed. It's more a question of styles between Keith and Brent. Brent brought back a little more of a bluesy feel with his hammond b3, and his vocals matched Jerry really well.

yah thats wat i have been doing, picking shows with high ratings on archive.org. ill do the same for this era. im sure i wont be disappointed. thanks for the advice and if you find out anything about what show shook the garden, do inform!
  • momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    In 1994 they played 6 nights at the Boston Garden. Part of their jam/space section of the show, they fused the sound of the "T" into the music. If you are not from the Boston area, the "T" is the public transportation subways etc. Man that place shook like mad. This was the old Boston Garden. It was my last time at the old Garden. But that was an incredible feeling that they were able to bring into the concert. It did feel that the train was right there.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,299
    Listening to Dick’s picks 25 my 1st Dead show up in CT New Haven May 10 damn it’s so freaking good what a show 😎
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,299
    I know we were tripping balls 😎
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....