velvet revolver and alice in chains?

AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
edited May 2007 in Other Music
i heard about them doing a tour this summer together. i was wondering if anyone knows anything about it, and whether this is legit, cuz this would be awesome.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• happyhourherohappyhourhero Posts: 204
    I hope so! they are slated to play jones beach, n.y. on aug 18th according to the jones beach website, but tix aren't on sale yet.. haven't heard anything else about it though.
  • snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    oh yeah cant fucking wait for jones beach. AIC is obviously not the same without layne but i heard some tracks with that new guy and they still sounded awesome.
  • supposedly starts August 5th somewhere near Baltimore...no official announcement has happened yet
    I will not lose my Faith, it's an Inside job today....
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    From blabbermouth.net:

A source close to one of the bands on the rumored VELVET REVOLVER / ALICE IN CHAINS summer tour unofficially told Launch Radio Networks that the trek was happening. So far the following two dates have been leaked:

Aug. 17 - Homdel, NJ @ PNC Bank Arts Center
    Aug. 18 - Wantagh, NY @ Jones Beach
  • chrisopaloozachrisopalooza Posts: 347
    i heard about them doing a tour this summer together. i was wondering if anyone knows anything about it, and whether this is legit, cuz this would be awesome.

jerry and izzy are buddies, i'd put my money on it happening.
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    jerry and izzy are buddies, i'd put my money on it happening.

Izzy isn't in Velvet Revolver.
  • pjl44 wrote:
    Aug. 17 - Homdel, NJ @ PNC Bank Arts Center

i called the venue earlier today. they seem to think it's happening. apparently tickets were supposed to go on sale this past saturday, but one of the bands called off the sale for some reason (she wouldn't go into detail). no new date has been set for the ticket sale as of yet.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    Matty Boy wrote:
    Izzy isn't in Velvet Revolver.

I think he meant Duff. I know Duff showed up and jammed at a couple of those AIC "reunion" shows.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    pjl44 wrote:
    I think he meant Duff. I know Duff showed up and jammed at a couple of those AIC "reunion" shows.

Duff is a fellow Seattle head after all.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.