Guns N' Roses

Pearl GunsPearl Guns Posts: 1
edited March 2007 in Other Music
Any GN'R (old or new) fans on here?

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stef1885stef1885 Posts: 25
    Appetite was one of the first 'metal' albums i bought so even though they fell apart and i was not into the Use your illusion stuff i have a fond place in my heart for them and still kick myslef that i didnt take up my mate on the offer of a ticket to see them in london (i think it was the Marquee) in late 80's.

I would have loved to see Paradise city played live when they were at their peak.......

Stef1885
    1992-02-28 London England ULU
    1992-06-06 London England Finsbury Park
    1992-07-25 Denver, Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre
    2007-06-18 London England Wembley
    2018-06-18 London O2
    2018-07-17 London O2
    2022-07-08 Hyde Park
    2022-07-09 Hyde Park
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    I love GNR. :)

Appetitie and Use Your Illusions II are without a doubt my favs.

Don't even get me started on ROCKET QUEEN!
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    While I don't care for the delay in the mythical Chinese Democracy album, the new tracks are solid.

IRS is a great rockin' tune. It's got a good beat and I can dance to it.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    erm....not a fan, but i like their songs :)
  • Yeah, love em lol The new GnR are alright, but I'm with the majority and like the old GnR, tho a lot of their new songs are pretty cool lol
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I'm ashamed to say that yes, I am a fan.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    Axl can be an asshole but he's the best frontman I've ever seen by a long shot. I've seen Eddie, Jagger, Plant, Trent, Weiland, Liam, Noel, Ozzy, and Daltrey to name a few. Hopefully this is the year that Mr Rose puts out his album and shakes up the rock world again.
  • CuriousCurious Posts: 732
    Huge fan back in the day. Appetite was one of the first decent albums I ever bought, and I have hugely fond memories of seeing them in 91 (I think, might've been 92, my memory isn't what it once was).

However, the ongoing saga of will they/won't they release Chinese Democracy has been driving me so mad I gave up on them a few years ago. Having said that, the recent leaked demos I've heard made me pretty happy and fond for the old days.
    "The secret of creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Einstein
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    I used to love 'em back in the day. Appetite for Destruction is still one of my favorite albums of all time. It's a timeless rock n' roll classic. Use Your Illusion 1 & 2 were inconsistent as hell, but both albums had some great stuff on them. I still think they should've dropped half of those songs and just put out one solid 16 track album...but maybe that's just me. By 1992 my musical tastes started changing and I completely lost interest in all things Guns N' Roses. Axl has become a complete joke, and you couldn't pay me enough money to go see him and his Gn'R cover band. If Chinese Democracy ever sees the light of day, I hope it flops.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • CuriousCurious Posts: 732
    direwolf74 wrote:
    Use Your Illusion 1 & 2 were inconsistent as hell, but both albums had some great stuff on them. I still think they should've dropped half of those songs and just put out one solid 16 track album...but maybe that's just me.

It isn't just you.
    "The secret of creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Einstein
  • Ever since Izzy Stradlin left the band its been downhill. Bring back Izzy!!!!! Great songwriter and kind of the glue that held together Axl's sanity being a close friend to him. I think he got sick of the bullshit after making the Use your Illusion albums and left.

I am sick of this bullshit about Chinese Democracy. How long ago was it supposed to be released???

If they would have stuck together they would have been the best ever IMO.
    "She knows there is no success like failure
    And that failure's no success at all."

"Don't ya think its sometimes wise not to grow up."

"Cause life ain't nothing but a good groove
    A good mixed tape to put you in the right mood."
  • Love the music, hate Axl
    "I sometimes wonder why there isn't a Tee-Pees R Us."

-Ed
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    I'm fairly certain that Chinese Democracy will be one of the best albums ever. Axl's magic, just like Brian May said. The guy has the balls to stand up against the entire nature of the music industry to record his vision.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Ever since Izzy Stradlin left the band its been downhill. Bring back Izzy!!!!! Great songwriter and kind of the glue that held together Axl's sanity being a close friend to him. I think he got sick of the bullshit after making the Use your Illusion albums and left.

I am sick of this bullshit about Chinese Democracy. How long ago was it supposed to be released???

If they would have stuck together they would have been the best ever IMO.
    you nailed it.. Izzy is the fuckin man! after he left it got pretty lame. i just put a ton of GNR on my iPod today, wondering if they still have the balls.
  • deadnotedeadnote Posts: 1,678
    its a god damned {applause} shame the way they couldnt just record appetite a few more times
    set your laughter free

dreamer in my dream

we got the guns

i love you,but im..............callin out.........callin out
  • you nailed it.. Izzy is the fuckin man! after he left it got pretty lame. i just put a ton of GNR on my iPod today, wondering if they still have the balls.

Axl could probably carry the band with whatever members it had because his voice is one of the best rock 'n' roll voices of alltime. But to me it won't be the same. I'll give the new stuff a chance..of course if it ever is released, I am not holding my breath.

"The greatest album never released", I could see Axl pulling that shit off. Who knows with his mentality? There is no consistancy...didn't this album have tracks like 6 years ago??? He performed Chinese Democracy at the VMA's with his new haircut and gut.

It just pisses me off because I loved that band!!!!!!!!!! To think where they could be now if they could have held it together...it's almost depressing.
    "She knows there is no success like failure
    And that failure's no success at all."

"Don't ya think its sometimes wise not to grow up."

"Cause life ain't nothing but a good groove
    A good mixed tape to put you in the right mood."
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    deadnote wrote:
    its a god damned {applause} shame the way they couldnt just record appetite a few more times

There already is an appetite, no need to copy it a bunch of times. That is like someone bitching that PJ hasn't recorded 5 more albums that sound just like Ten. The real shame is that theydidn't release a bunch more albums, whatever they sounded like.
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    I hear ya Curious. Like everyone else, Chinese Democracy just became a total myth in my mind. :p I got really excited for awhile then more and more and MORE time kept passing and the excitment started fading. BUT just like you, once I heard those leaked songs the excitement came back! They sound amazing! It still bothers me that Axl is calling HIMSELF Guns N' Roses though. :confused:

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Technically, shouldn't he have dropped the name Guns n' Roses once Tracii Guns left the band?

Either way, I used to be a huge fan of GNR, kinda lost some zeal over the last year or so... Saw the new GNR in the RDS, and they put on a great show, but it never really clicked the way it should have...

I just have a bad feeling Chinese Democracy is going to let a lot of people down, and that's why I think Axl should drop the GNR name - preserve the legacy and whatnot. His pride won't let him do that though - it never will. He fought too hard for the name back in the day to release Democracy under a different name now.

But hey - I'm seeing VR in Marley Park supporting the Who this summer!:D
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.