Queens of the Stone Age Canadian Tour

EquallyWorthlessEquallyWorthless Posts: 3,993
edited March 2008 in Other Music
http://www.qotsa.com/news/default.aspx?nid=9749

Sweet!!!!!!!! See you at the Vancouver show!!!!!
{if (work != 0) {
work = work + 1;
sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
else if (work >= 0) {
reality.equals(false);
work = work +1;
}system("pause");
return 0;}
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• QOTSA are an average band at best. Josh is voice has no range no emotion. Only alright thing about QOTSA is there guitar, and Mark Lanegan.
  • QOTSA are an average band at best. Josh is voice has no range no emotion. Only alright thing about QOTSA is there guitar, and Mark Lanegan.

yeah thanks i saw your other thread bashing them, just because that didn't fly over there and your getting shot down doesn't mean you need to come in here and bash on them in a thread about their TOUR of CANADA.

why don't you name some bands that you like then ??

also what does "Josh is voice" mean and also punctuation and grammar are your friends.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}

opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    Well...that's a horrible tour. I'd like to see them do a half decent tour of Canada.
  • bovy_j wrote:
    Well...that's a horrible tour. I'd like to see them do a half decent tour of Canada.

yeah it would be a lot better if they keep going east eh , where the ontario/quebec/maritime love ??
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • I can't believe they are playing 8 Western Canadian dates in 7 days.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • No Toronto? :mad:
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    No Toronto? :mad:
    How's it feel? :p

This will be their fourth trip to Edmonton is just a few years...second headlining show since Era Vulgaris came out....:confused: We usually get shafted...not complaining, of course...it's great. Just a bit odd.
  • Saw them in Pittsburgh last year and desperately want to see them again! Suprised no Toronto...or Hamilton. Seems as if they are missing alot of Canada. Possibly more dates to be announced in the future?
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • tickets in vancouver go on sale tomorrow at 10am

password : VULGARIS

5 shows in 5 days!!! wow,,,
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • tickets in vancouver go on sale tomorrow at 10am

password : VULGARIS

5 shows in 5 days!!! wow,,,

sweet

i think im gonna wait and buy them on the regular sale on saturday

its the forum anyways its all GA
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • sweet

i think im gonna wait and buy them on the regular sale on saturday

its the forum anyways its all GA
    yeah its all GA and cosidering they were here 7 months ago, it will not sell out i dont think, i hate the forum

bump for those who want the pass
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    bovy_j wrote:

yeah pearl jam's the only ones who got that one right
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    bharQ wrote:
    yeah pearl jam's the only ones who got that one right

That's not true.
    White Stripes did a sweeter Canadian tour than Pearl Jam in 2007. All the provinces/territories of Canada. Every stop they did a secret show also.
    It was awesome! I was front row center at the Stripes!
  • This'll be my third show, saw them in september, great band live, and they're finally coming to Victoria!!!!!!!!!!
    puts his faith in love and, tremor christ.

"I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback."
  • bovy_j wrote:
    That's not true.
    White Stripes did a sweeter Canadian tour than Pearl Jam in 2007. All the provinces/territories of Canada. Every stop they did a secret show also.

It's only a sweet tour if it's a sweet band.
    puts his faith in love and, tremor christ.

"I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback."
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    bovy_j wrote:
    That's not true.

oh yeah the one note thing in newfoundland lol, forgot about that
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    It's only a sweet tour if it's a sweet band.

Hey now! Don't be dissin the stripes! :P
    bharQ wrote:
    oh yeah the one note thing in newfoundland lol, forgot about that
    One Note by the Stripes was hilarious! I wasn't there, but saw it on youtube and laughed a lot.
  • its_okits_ok Posts: 200
    Saw them a few days ago in Stockholm Sweden...and I love this band, seen them live a couple of times, and it always rocks...but not this time. Just a regular another day at work kinda gig. And they only played 90 min. Played mostly new songs, and they cant make me dance like the older ones.

Hope you guys get better shows than the one I saw, got really disappointed.
    PJ
    2000 Roskilde, 2006 Barcelona, 2007 London, Copenhagen, 2008 New York 1, New York 2, 2009 Berlin, 2010 Dublin, Belfast, 2012 Amsterdam 1, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, 2013 Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014 Milan, Trieste, Berlin, Stockholm, Milton Keynes

EV
    2012 Manchester, London 1, London 2
  • yeah that stripes tour of canada is the way to do it. i havent heard if meg is alright, anybody know anything.

my 3rd qotsa show in vancouver, cant wait, of course!
  • yeah that stripes tour of canada is the way to do it. i havent heard if meg is alright, anybody know anything.

my 3rd qotsa show in vancouver, cant wait, of course!

nope no news on Meg

this will be my 4th QOTSA Show in Van, I saw them in 02 at Richards on Richards and in 03 at the Orpheum and in 05 opening for NIN, pretty stoked.

And yeah the forum sucks especially sound wise but when SP played there last year it wasnt as bad as usual so hopefully the Queens sound crew gets it right.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • nope no news on Meg

this will be my 4th QOTSA Show in Van, I saw them in 02 at Richards on Richards and in 03 at the Orpheum and in 05 opening for NIN, pretty stoked.

And yeah the forum sucks especially sound wise but when SP played there last year it wasnt as bad as usual so hopefully the Queens sound crew gets it right.

no dude, this the FORUM...its not the COLISEUM. pumpkins played at the coliseum, the forum is a glorified barn. nope its just a barn. sucks. bathrooms are horrendous. ive only seen two bands play at the forum in my illustrious concert career : arctic monkeys 8 months ago and chemical brothers 10 years ago.

wouldve killed to see em at richards....that mustve been ill
  • cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    First Tool , now Qotsa come to Victoria, we need PJ to come to complete the hat trick !
  • He he he ... I gonna see them tomorrow in Paris.
    Yeah I know it's not in Canada but I'm just happy :D
    C'mon Josh, throw some killer guitar riffs !!!
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE FUCKING SUCK!

Which album should I get that will throw me into them? I really haven't listen to them before. I NEED new music. These guys seem pretty cool. The only song I have really heard was the one that Dave Grohl played drums on.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• no dude, this the FORUM...its not the COLISEUM. pumpkins played at the coliseum, the forum is a glorified barn. nope its just a barn. sucks. bathrooms are horrendous. ive only seen two bands play at the forum in my illustrious concert career : arctic monkeys 8 months ago and chemical brothers 10 years ago.

wouldve killed to see em at richards....that mustve been ill

uhh thats odd because my ticket stub clearly says Smashing Pumpkins PNE Forum. Ive seen tons of shows at the forum and this was the only one where the sound was decent.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Danimal wrote:
    QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE FUCKING SUCK!

Which album should I get that will throw me into them? I really haven't listen to them before. I NEED new music. These guys seem pretty cool. The only song I have really heard was the one that Dave Grohl played drums on.

Alot of people might disagree with this, but my personal favorite album is Lullabyes to Paralyze. The first few songs are just in your face, kick ass songs with killer riffs.. then comes "I Never Came", which is just breathtaking. Josh's voice just soars in this one. That goes right into "Someones In The Wolf" which is just CRAZY. It takes a certain kind of person to get into Queens.

This might sound weird, but QOTSA are to Rock & Roll what Tim Burton is to movies.
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
    2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
    2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
  • uhh thats odd because my ticket stub clearly says Smashing Pumpkins PNE Forum. Ive seen tons of shows at the forum and this was the only one where the sound was decent.
    i bow before you, you are right, they did play forum, i could have sworn it was at the coliseum, either way the forum sucks IMO

and to the other guy, lullabies is my fav too...
  • rcsrcs Posts: 711
    I agree about Lullabies. Excellent yet underrated album. I was fortunate enough to see 5 shows on that tour so it really gave me a greater appreciation for the songs from that album. I remember in Reno they opened with "Someone's in the Wolf" and just as the song kicked in the curtain dropped and the whole place went ballistic!

Also "I Never Came" is one of the most erotic songs I've ever heard.

Can't wait to see them again in May!
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
  • I have an extra pair of tickets to the Regina show May 6th. They are row DD (4th row) of the orchestra.. Face value (of course).
    Email me if interested soon_forget at hotmail dot com.
    I went to the concert
    And I fought through the crowd
    Guess I got a little too excited
    When I thought you were around